Subaru WRX Forum banner

2009 WRX 54K miles.......17K

808 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SteezySeb 
#1 ·
Hi guys, im relatively new to this site and hoping to join you guys with this 2009 WRX....
but i though i should get some opinions. so heres the case:
2009 WRX with 54k miles KBB for $18k
2009 escape 50K miles kbb for $14k

I currently have a 2009 ford escape in really good condition with only 50K miles on it.
I put it up on craigslist to see what i could get and this guy texted me this:

2009 WRX with 54K miles.
It has:
4 new tires not put on it
TPG tunning put all parts im about to list on it. AND tuned it.

Accesport with custom maps for car
injen long ram cai
perrin inner cooler
GFB Blow off
Hall man external wastegate
invidia up pipe, catless dp and n1 dual exhaust

He's willing to do a trade and some cash. So my escape and $3,000 for his WRX

now other than the fact people have different opinions on whether or not to buy already modded cars. what do you guys think?

heres some pictures: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Subaru
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

See less See more
#4 ·
It looks like everything was done properly so long as the current owner hasn't taken any parts off after the tune to prep for sale without getting another tune. Parts that would need tuning for that being.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to tell weather a modded car is a good or bad buy, it's like a craps shoot. Sometimes you get one that was done properly and you won't have any problems with. Other times (more likely than not unfortunately) you end up buying someone else's basket case and it blows up within 6 months of buying. This is why I had judging modded cars.

From what the buyer has disclosed to you, it seems like it was done well and they knew what they were doing. is there any way you can get ahold of some data logs from him to look at and/or post on here? Recent preferably. Like, have him go out and do them now, kind of recent.

#5 ·
I know exactly what you mean, and i forgot to include...
i met the guy, older guy, his fiance just got pregnant so they want an awd suv and my escape was the perfect fit he said.

and i havent gotten any data logs. he kinda doesnt know much about cars he said. thats why he paid full price for everything and got it done professionally. he said its never been red lined and his fiance in the background laughed and said he babies it too much (lol dont we all). but i can see if he can do that!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.