09 WRX or...

This is a discussion on 09 WRX or... within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Through some extensive searching I've come across a 2009 Charcoal WRX with 80k on it and a Legacy 2.5GT Spec ...

09 WRX or...

Through some extensive searching I've come across a 2009 Charcoal WRX with 80k on it and a Legacy 2.5GT Spec with 82,000 miles. B. I really don't know much about the Spec B; I just know they are quite rare. They both are the same price, $18,500. I'd like to know more about the Spec B if anyone knows anything. I'm a senior in high school. I'm just looking for a car that will be a blast to drive in the snow, be very dependable, get me to the mountains for some skiing, and be a nice car to just drive from point a to point b in. Which would you choose? I know this is a WRX forum I couldn't find a Spec B forum to compare the cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm very comfortable with manuals btw

It all depends on the condition & upkeep of the cars.
    All other things being equal, I'd take the one in the best shape with the fewest mods. A heavily-modified car may be as reliable - long-term - as a stocker, but that's usually not the case.
    Be sure to ask the owners for the service history of the car. I want to buy from an OCD older guy who takes meticulous care of his car, documents all maintenance, and uses it for a DD only.
    You don't want to end up inheriting someone else's problem child. If anything looks beat on or ghetto-rigged, I'd definitely steer clear.

That said, the Legacy GT is a bit larger & heavier than the WRX. The WRX will probably be more fun to drive (I've never driven a Leggy GT).
    ....but the Spec B will hold it's resale value much better since it's a limited release.
    More info:
    http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...html?p=4150109

Happy Hunting!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by trout4life View Post
    Through some extensive searching I've come across a 2009 Charcoal WRX with 80k on it and a Legacy 2.5GT Spec with 82,000 miles. B. I really don't know much about the Spec B; I just know they are quite rare. They both are the same price, $18,500. I'd like to know more about the Spec B if anyone knows anything. I'm a senior in high school. I'm just looking for a car that will be a blast to drive in the snow, be very dependable, get me to the mountains for some skiing, and be a nice car to just drive from point a to point b in. Which would you choose? I know this is a WRX forum I couldn't find a Spec B forum to compare the cars.
    If I were you I'd want either but it is my hope that fate or even a mortal would intervene and ensure I buy neither. That said the newer Imprezas are on a modded Legacy chassis, so the interior differences may be minimized by the 2009 versions. I'd recommend going and looking at both and seeing which will fit your actual ski stuff best.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The only real way to determine which car, is to go out drive them.
    The best opinion is the informed opinion.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html