2011 STi purchase, need opinions

This is a discussion on 2011 STi purchase, need opinions within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys, Just sold my 2008 WRX. Looking around and I found a 2011 STi with around 35k miles. He ...

2011 STi purchase, need opinions

Hey guys,

Just sold my 2008 WRX. Looking around and I found a 2011 STi with around 35k miles. He claims the car was stage 2 previously (I asked for how long) and he said 5 months. I mean, my wrx was stage 2 previously before I sold it and I had no problems. Would this turn most of you away? Obviously there is really no indications to tell if he is lying or not. Beside maybe the appearance of the downpipe? How are the 2011 mechanically? are the 2012+ years better? I got the price down quite a bit, near the $25-26k range. What do you guys think? Any input appreciated, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    2011-2014 are pretty much similar in terms of one being mechanically better than the other. They didn't make many mechanical changes between those years as far as I know. I would be interested to know why he is selling the car. I would also ask him what parts exactly were in his stage two compilation as well as who tuned it. If it was an OTS map with a Cobb Ap I would ask if he ever data logged, and if it was a protune I would ask who did it and if there were any logs done with that as well.

Seems sort of weird that he went stage two then back, but people also do that all the time realizing that they cant afford the car.

I would also ask him if there are any parts still on the car, or if the car had been fully returned to stock INCLUDING FLASHING THE OEM MAP BACK TO THE ECU. That last part is very important if it has been returned to stock.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Thanks for the reply's. I didn't think there was much of a difference between 2011-2014 years but I had to ask. I asked him about getting a compression test done and he had no qualms about it. Which I will do if/when I do buy it, along with looking at the maintenance records like you said. It still has the stock tires, which at 35,000 miles is a good thing. Obviously it wasn't auto crossed (atleast I hope) or tracked. This is a limited model also, but the stage 2 parts he had/has on it were an Q300, Cobb SF, and Invidia Catless DP. He used Cobb's OTS map off the AP.

Good point, I was wondering about that also. I would hope to god the car is not being drove or test driven with the Stage 2 map when everything else is stock. That was the first thing I did before selling mine, but who knows. Thanks for the help! I'll post pics if I end up buying it this weekend. The price has got me concerned, he wants $26,500 bottom dollar for a limited 2011 STi with low miles? Doesn't seem right... but we will see.

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's a buyers market on the 2011-2014 WRX.
    With the demand for the 2015, dealers should be dropping prices just to move those cars.
    It sounds like a real good deal but look it over thoroughly, and have your Tec check it out to.
    And for others looking to buy an11-14 WRX, every time I go to dealer they have fresh traded 12-14s.
    They do crazy deals at the end of the month.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html