looking at a 2015 sti
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on looking at a 2015 sti within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys my name is Ryan Tombs. I am 19 who currently owns a 2012 v6 mustang (tune, sway bars, ...

looking at a 2015 sti

Hey guys my name is Ryan Tombs. I am 19 who currently owns a 2012 v6 mustang (tune, sway bars, lower control arms, intake, strut tower brace, 3.55 rear gears). Due to my up coming financial situation I will be able to afford an STI (trade in the mustang). I am looking at a base 2015 sti in white with the navi/ sound system. Any ways does anyone have this configuration?
    I am looking at the sti because I live in the NJ currently but might be somewhere else next year (most likely northern part of the country) and I learned that ford engineers know the car better than i do so I have decided to buy the most bad ass car I can from the factory and not mod it. Plus the back seat and bigger trunk helps.
    Anyways,hopefully I can fit into this community and cant wait to be involved in it!
    Last edited by tombstone; 09-02-2014 at 09:45 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From what I've been hearing the 15 wrx is better performing. STI looks better on paper but...
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    From what I've been hearing the 15 wrx is better performing. STI looks better on paper but...
    from what i read was the wrx makes more power up to 4k rpms but after that its the sti. I also owned a miata for a few months and it taught me how much fun a car can be due to a well balanced chassis and suspension. Which is my main reason for looking at the sti... everything I read is they are similar in straight line but once you get into the twisties that is where the sti shines. I know the FA20 is turning into a great engine (amazing engine)
    But I like the direct mount shifter compared to the cable, the hydraulic steering (mustang is electric, miata was hydraulic and omg), the DCCD seems badass (i bet it loses it flare after a few months), and the different throttle maps is cool (probably loses it's flare also), but torsen diffs and helical diffs (Compared to open if im not mistaken), I also like the time tested ej engine (i know of ringland failures but... its time tested and many good techs who know this engine inside and out), and finally the amount of technology put into reinforcing different parts of the car (control arms bushings etc), and who doesnt love those brembo brakes (im sure they are much more resistant to fade if same fluid etc is used), oh and finally the much stronger sti transmission (yes wrx is 6spds now but they are not the same)

Granted, I have not driven either car but from research it seems the wrx is a street car that can be track driven where the sti is a track car that can be street driven.
    If anyone would like to counter what I wrote please do because spending 27k on a premium wrx is much easier then 36k on a sti

Quote Originally Posted by tombstone View Post

Granted, I have not driven either car but from research it seems the wrx is a street car that can be track driven where the sti is a track car that can be street driven.
    If anyone would like to counter what I wrote please do because spending 27k on a premium wrx is much easier then 36k on a sti

This.

It really all depends on what you plan on using the car for. WRX is a great daily, with a promising engine, great handling, gas mileage, and the tuning potential is building momentum daily. Good luck with your process, keep us posted.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Well, as of now it is looking like i will be in a service vehicle (ram 2500 with a utility body) that I can use for personal use up to 200 miles. So this will be a fair weather car. And no modifying this car, i like screwing with cars but I learned ford knows more about cars than i do so i want to buy a properly engineered car and leave it, if anything breaks i bring it back and demand it to be fixed (cant with the mustang/ very hard). But, will keep you guys updated

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.