Subaru WRX Forum banner

2008 STi or 2015 wrx?

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  derekd2222 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my buddy is thinking of buying my 2012 wrx, and I was looking online and found a couple 2008 STI's for around $28,800 which is right around where my budget would lay. I could also order a new 2015 wrx. Not sure what would be more worth it.. any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I had an 09 Base impreza hatchback and miss the utility of the hatch (sedan wrx) but I wont track my car very much at all. Will definitely mod though.

Thanks in advance.

#9 ·
mmm not quite. 08 wrx's are considered the black sheep of the family bc they had the old motors with a new "softer" body style. it had nothing to do with mechanical aspects of it, or even STi's

now, 09's were considered to be bad because of all the problems they were having with the early build date motors. IIRC, anything after july was fine.

#7 ·
Get the 2015.
You can get a base STI for $34,500 new.
Plus you would get a better interest rate on a new car vs pre owed.
$28,000 is high for a car that old.
You could also get the 2015 WRX limited with everything, I would go base STI.
There will be plenty of time to customize it. Plus new products come out everyday for the 15s.

#12 ·
2008 STi would be my vote. How much are you planning to mod? There are tons of parts for the third gen already, and you can save money on used parts from everyone parting theirs out to buy the new gens. Sure, the interior and steering are better out of the box in the 15's, but I'd rather mod an older car that's past warranty and have the hatch functionality.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.