Need help with purchase of my first subaru!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need help with purchase of my first subaru!!! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys I'm new to the forum, so I apologize for anything possibly covered before or noob comments. For the ...

Need help with purchase of my first subaru!!!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum, so I apologize for anything possibly covered before or noob comments. For the longest time I've been debating between a 2006 wrx with a 2.5 engine, or the 2004-05 sti model. My price limit will range between 11k-13.5k. My dilemma is that I'm having a hard time finding sti in this price range not beat on or modded like crazy. Should I try to be patient and find one in that range, or would the 06 wrx be a good car to go with? This will be my first awd and turbo car and I feel that either car will be a step up from my acura rsx. If I go with the 06 I like the idea of more tq than previous years, and better mpg than the sti. I would probably go as far as a "stage 2" than minor upgrades such as brakes and suspension. My question is if I can't afford a sti around 20k will the price difference justify the 2? If any of us having an input on reliability of the two and how much miles are on a car that I should look at something else. The sti that I'm finding are at 120k-140k miles right now

Please any help or pointers would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hi!
    You want to shop around. I scooped up my04 for 12,000 with 19800 miles. Those ones you are looking at are pretty high mileage. It's best to try to find them with no mods, it can be hard with older WRXs. Is the money you are looking to spend cash up front or are you trying to finance? Also where are you location wise?
    The best places to be looking right now, are the local auto trader always has something. Or the better bet is to go to a Subaru dealer. The reason being with all the hype and demand for the 2015s, there are a lot of great trade in options. The dealers will try to sell the pre owned but depending on year or mileage they will end up wholesaling what they can't sell. That's your opportunity, dealers want the fast buck and to push car sales. The best time to buy is the very beginning or very end of the month. All dealers have quotas and they will sometimes do crazy things to make the deal happen. How old are you? This and length of your employment, credit score will come into play if you finance. Also check with your insurance company to find rates for a WRX or STI. I drive a 2013 WRX myself my second one. Keep searching for deals Welcome to the club, and let us know if you need help.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Right now I'm 22. I own a acura rsx with money into it and a winter beater. I was hoping to sell both for 7,00000-8,000 cash and than get a loan for the rest. I just started my credit card 3 months ago and can't imagine I have the best credit score but pay stuff off as soon as I make the purchase. Those are the years I like because I feel I don't need anything new yet but also they years I can afford. I'm from michigan but am looking to travel around 200 miles or so to get one, since I can't find much here. And was the 04 a wrx too? If so how did you like it? Performance, comfort ability, mpg, etc?!? I would love an sti, but I'm just wondering if it's something i can't afford right now rather than leave myself broke get a wrx in hopes that it would be "enough car for me" we have had bad snow storms the past few years an that's what turned me to subaru In the first place was the awd/performance while maintain fuel economy

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.