Subaru WRX Forum banner

Extended warranty - used WRX

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  soloz2 
#1 ·
How do you guys feel about them?
I'm typically not a warranty guy, but do you guys think they're worth it when buying a used WRX?

Thanks

#4 ·
Pretty much. I did not purchase warranty, simply because as things wear out I'm not replacing them with factory parts. I like to make improvements when it comes to wear and tear parts. The only good the warranty is to me is if something silly breaks like plastic bumper clips, the power windows and any other cheaply made plastic pieces. Other than that the engine and tranny will go 125,000 miles if you take care of it properly.

#5 ·
The chances of you needing the coverage, then recouping the cost of the warranty and actually getting the underwriter to pay up if needed are not good. Slot machines are probably a better bet - which is what an extended warranty really is.

#6 ·
I have to agree 100%. I bought the extended warranty when I bought my moms Impreza brand new. We have never used it, also with warranty you have to have services at designated intervals performed by dealer which will get pricey. My saving grace is one of my best friends runs the Subaru service department. So I get discounts on everything. Otherwise I would go to a Sullivan Tire or do it myself. Bottom line if car is in excellent running condition dealer certified or new skip the warranty.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.