Production vs. demand

This is a discussion on Production vs. demand within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I gather that it's nearly impossible to get a 2015 WRX without ordering at this point. Have things been like ...

Production vs. demand

I gather that it's nearly impossible to get a 2015 WRX without ordering at this point. Have things been like this in past model years as well?

My local dealer keeps trying to talk me I to ordering but I'm not into ordering a car I can't at least test drive first.

Just wondering if things can be expected to even out later in the model year or not?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When you order the car, you aren't bound to it.

Order it, when it comes in...test drive it. If you don't like it, then you can decline it. Deposits are refundable. If the dealer says they aren't, then you are certainly shopping with the wrong dealer.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

If you are able to find one on the lot somewhere, expect to pay MSRP or more. It seems that you can get a pretty good deal if your order one at invoice price.

By the first quarter 2015 I bet most dealers will have several to choose from.