2004 Subaru wrx worth the price
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2004 Subaru wrx worth the price within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So I need help once again on deciding of this car is worth the money. The owner said he swapped ...

2004 Subaru wrx worth the price

So I need help once again on deciding of this car is worth the money. The owner said he swapped the engine for a 2005 Saab 9-2x. Not to sure if the engine is reliable or if it was a good idea to put into a Subaru. I'm not educated to know the pros and con's of doing so. This will be my daily driver. So I need a reliable car. Also wondering what things I should look into that will need repaired or replaced with it having the mileage it has. The body is in less then good shape. Paint is worn peeling and so on. I am asking for your help on deciding if it is worth the asking price. The link to the ad is below. Any responds would be appreciate.

2004 WRX silver (auto)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by diaz_13 View Post
    So I need help once again on deciding of this car is worth the money. The owner said he swapped the engine for a 2005 Saab 9-2x. Not to sure if the engine is reliable or if it was a good idea to put into a Subaru. I'm not educated to know the pros and con's of doing so. This will be my daily driver. So I need a reliable car. Also wondering what things I should look into that will need repaired or replaced with it having the mileage it has. The body is in less then good shape. Paint is worn peeling and so on. I am asking for your help on deciding if it is worth the asking price. The link to the ad is below. Any responds would be appreciate.

2004 WRX silver (auto)
    The Saab 9-2x used a Subaru WRX motor so it's a direct swap.

$4200 is a pretty low asking price so it might be worth checking out further.
    My "Build" Thread!

2015 VW GTI

2006 WRX TR - SOLD
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Sweet thanks for the info. Just worried about things needed to be replaced. Non the less thank you. Helpful knowing it is a direct swap.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet thanks for the info. Just worried about things needed to be replaced. Non the less thank you. Helpful knowing it is a direct swap.
    Welcome!

Read through these threads if you do decide to go look at it. Tons of good info!

Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

Purchasing Tips

How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    My "Build" Thread!

2015 VW GTI

2006 WRX TR - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Welcome!

Read through these threads if you do decide to go look at it. Tons of good info!

Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

Purchasing Tips

How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

Thanks for the links. Should I be worried about the tranny having more miles as the engine has more life than the tranny.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the links. Should I be worried about the tranny having more miles as the engine has more life than the tranny.
    It's an automatic so I wouldn't be as worried.

Those 4EAT transmission are pretty stout.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    My "Build" Thread!

2015 VW GTI

2006 WRX TR - SOLD

It's an automatic so I wouldn't be as worried.

Those 4EAT transmission are pretty stout.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)

That good to know. Sorry for all the newbie questions. Never owned a Subaru. What other things should be looked into for reliability.

I Support ClubWRX
    That good to know. Sorry for all the newbie questions. Never owned a Subaru. What other things should be looked into for reliability.
    No worries, for that question I would refer you back to those threads I posted. A lot more info there than I can answer lol
    My "Build" Thread!

2015 VW GTI

2006 WRX TR - SOLD

No worries, for that question I would refer you back to those threads I posted. A lot more info there than I can answer lol
    Hey once again, I thanks for the help. It was really appreciated. Hope your help and my research pay off.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.