2015 WRX Limited - Is the leather seating slippery?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Limited - Is the leather seating slippery? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi, all the 2015 Limited owners out there (or folks who have sat in one): How do you like the ...

2015 WRX Limited - Is the leather seating slippery?

Hi, all the 2015 Limited owners out there (or folks who have sat in one):

How do you like the leather seating? Does it fall more on the slippery side, or does it grip you in place nicely? Is it all smooth or does it have matte inserts? I have pretty much made up my mind on getting a 2015 WRX very soon, and I do like the look of leather (and HID lighting would be a nice bonus), but I'd rather go with cloth if the leather is the slip 'n slide kind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Hi, all the 2015 Limited owners out there (or folks who have sat in one):

How do you like the leather seating? Does it fall more on the slippery side, or does it grip you in place nicely? Is it all smooth or does it have matte inserts? I have pretty much made up my mind on getting a 2015 WRX very soon, and I do like the look of leather (and HID lighting would be a nice bonus), but I'd rather go with cloth if the leather is the slip 'n slide kind.
    I have a 2014 with leather and while the two models are not the same leather (updated, upgraded, and perforated), I have found that leather in any car is the same based on the clothes you are wearing.

For example, if you have on reversible gym shorts and a beater OR dress pants and a nylon shirt, you're going to slide around on any leather imaginable. Moreso in an SUV without bucket seats. The 2014 and 2015 WRXs have bucket seats so even in that (as I've driven in both those outfits), you're fine. Another example is if you're wearing Jeans and a cotton T-shirt. You'd be fine in pretty much any leather there is.

I've had no problems on vastly inferior leather.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

For the most part, I have always owned performance cars, and most had leather. I finally said enough is enough, and choose not to get the limited because of the leather.(tired of sliding around) I am 5'8, and 145lbs though, maybe someone with more girth stays put?
    Last edited by Goose42; 08-11-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    I have a 2014 with leather and while the two models are not the same leather (updated, upgraded, and perforated), I have found that leather in any car is the same based on the clothes you are wearing.

For example, if you have on reversible gym shorts and a beater OR dress pants and a nylon shirt, you're going to slide around on any leather imaginable. Moreso in an SUV without bucket seats. The 2014 and 2015 WRXs have bucket seats so even in that (as I've driven in both those outfits), you're fine. Another example is if you're wearing Jeans and a cotton T-shirt. You'd be fine in pretty much any leather there is.

I've had no problems on vastly inferior leather.
    That's a good point regarding the clothes you have on. Four days out of the week are pretty much dress pants only for me, and unfortunately the Rex would be my daily driver. Most of my experience with leather is based on the one in my wife's CR-V -- I do feel like I slide around a bit too much (more back and forth, not so much sideways) even when wearing jeans and a cotton shirt. I still might just go for leather and live with the consequences, if any. But then again I might not. Agh...decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42 View Post
    For the most part, I have always owned performance cars, and most had leather. I finally said enough is enough, and choose not to get the limited befcause of the leather.(tired of sliding around) I am 5'8, and 145lbs though, maybe someone with more girth stays put?
    I definitely have the girth (5'11", 210 lbs), but I still slide around a bit in my wife's car. Thanks for sharing your experience...I'm now leaning towards playing it safe and just going with cloth.

By the way, did you get the Premium or base? Congrats on your new ride. White on dark wheels looks sweet. I was considering getting it in white but I have a (probably) irrational fear of not being able to maintain the color...I've seen some white cars in my area whose undersides have yellowed out a bit, perhaps from all the salt and grime we get in the winter (I live in the Mid-Atlantic). Plus I have a habit of not washing my cars often enough, since I insist on personally hand washing each time. I'll probably take the middle ground and go with silver.

I definitely have the girth (5'11", 210 lbs), but I still slide around a bit in my wife's car. Thanks for sharing your experience...I'm now leaning towards playing it safe and just going with cloth.

By the way, did you get the Premium or base? Congrats on your new ride. White on dark wheels looks sweet. I was considering getting it in white but I have a (probably) irrational fear of not being able to maintain the color...I've seen some white cars in my area whose undersides have yellowed out a bit, perhaps from all the salt and grime we get in the winter (I live in the Mid-Atlantic). Plus I have a habit of not washing my cars often enough, since I insist on personally hand washing each time. I'll probably take the middle ground and go with silver.
    I went with the premium with the sport package, you can click the link below my signature to check it out. I have seen the ISM in person, and it is sweet! Our winters are mild out here, so they do not use salt, plus I hand wash my car at least once a week. Good luck man, and post photos/start a journal when you get it!

2015 CWP WRX Premium

I have a limited and the leather is slippery, and hot as hell when in the sun. On a side note mine is scotch gaurded so that might add to the slip and slide. But when I'm strapped in I do not slide around.

Quote Originally Posted by clamsjager View Post
    I have a limited and the leather is slippery, and hot as hell when in the sun. On a side note mine is scotch gaurded so that might add to the slip and slide. But when I'm strapped in I do not slide around.
    Then you are not driving hard enough! JK

2015 CWP WRX Premium

As a 2015 WRX Limited owner, I don't find the seats slippery. They might get slipperier with age but I think the bolsters hug you pretty well and prevent the driver from sliding around. I find the seats very comfortable!

I dont find them slippery either. Im a fairly wide guy, 6ft 190lbs, so the bolstering does keep me planted. But in general I dont think theyre slippery. The perforations do help a bit too Im sure. If you want the nicer headlights, then you should def go with the limited. They have a much nicer look than the Premium and Base models. Plus theyre LED so they shouldnt burn out for as long as you own the car. Im really happy I decided to go with the Limited for those two reasons plus some others.....
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

Thanks for all the replies. So I guess it's 50 - 50 -- half of you think the leather seats are decent, half of you think they're slippery. I guess it all depends on your body type. If only I could try sitting in one now...none of the dealerships in my area have the 2015 in stock right now (in any trim). I'd have to do a factory order and wait 2 - 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I dont find them slippery either. Im a fairly wide guy, 6ft 190lbs, so the bolstering does keep me planted. But in general I dont think theyre slippery. The perforations do help a bit too Im sure. If you want the nicer headlights, then you should def go with the limited. They have a much nicer look than the Premium and Base models. Plus theyre LED so they shouldnt burn out for as long as you own the car. Im really happy I decided to go with the Limited for those two reasons plus some others.....
    Yeah, I really do want the LEDs. I tend to keep my cars for a long time and this is my chance to get modern headlights, for a change (moving up from a lowly 2008 Civic EX 5-speed manual, here). What else do you like about the Limited over the Premium? How do you like the GBP? Does it look nicer than the WRBP in person?

Not that I only care about appearances. I test drove a base 2015 STi this past weekend, used (as there are no new WRXs in stock in my area), and was immediately hooked. I know the STi is a totally different beast, and I thought I'd find the suspension too firm and the road noise too much. Nope, none of that happened...I actually thought the ride was supple yet firm in a really good way. I guess that's what you get when you've driven Civics for so long LOL. In any case, I know I can't live with that gigantic spoiler, plus I know I'll be happier with the FA engine for daily driving.

I do think it depends on body type, yet I agree with the folks that own a limited and do not find them to be slippery because the bolsters are snug. Even with my size, the bolsters do a good job of keeping my little ass planted!

2015 CWP WRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42 View Post
    I do think it depends on body type, yet I agree with the folks that own a limited and do not find them to be slippery because the bolsters are snug. Even with my size, the bolsters do a good job of keeping my little ass planted!
    Yeah, now I and my fickle mind are leaning towards leather again.

The Premium comes with heated seats right? How well does the heating work with cloth? I used to think all heated seats came in leather only because they conduct heat better, but that was a wrong assumption obviously.

Yeah, now I and my fickle mind are leaning towards leather again.

The Premium comes with heated seats right? How well does the heating work with cloth? I used to think all heated seats came in leather only because they conduct heat better, but that was a wrong assumption obviously.
    They do come with heated seats, mirrors, and wiper blades. The seats get hot on low, and ass burning on high.(only two settings) The others guys comments about the black headlight casing is spot on imo. I really wish I had the black ones, especially with my set up, but OEM cost is through the roof. If you are trying to choose between WRB and GBP, check them out in person. I have seen both in person, and must say, the GBP looks crisp, love it!

2015 CWP WRX Premium

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.