2015 WRX Limited - Is the leather seating slippery? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Limited - Is the leather seating slippery? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Ducky Yeah, I really do want the LEDs. I tend to keep my cars for a long ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Yeah, I really do want the LEDs. I tend to keep my cars for a long time and this is my chance to get modern headlights, for a change (moving up from a lowly 2008 Civic EX 5-speed manual, here). What else do you like about the Limited over the Premium? How do you like the GBP? Does it look nicer than the WRBP in person?

Not that I only care about appearances. I test drove a base 2015 STi this past weekend, used (as there are no new WRXs in stock in my area), and was immediately hooked. I know the STi is a totally different beast, and I thought I'd find the suspension too firm and the road noise too much. Nope, none of that happened...I actually thought the ride was supple yet firm in a really good way. I guess that's what you get when you've driven Civics for so long LOL. In any case, I know I can't live with that gigantic spoiler, plus I know I'll be happier with the FA engine for daily driving.
    I kinda look at the difference between GBP and WRBP as more mature vs more boy racer. No offense to anyone with the WRB but I just feel like the GB is more adult like and sophisticated. The Rally Blue is almost too purple and kiddish for my liking.

Some of the other features I liked with the Limited was the auto on/off headlights, power drivers seat (which I love) and the defrost in the mirrors and windshield wipers (not in base model). The power seat is great for when you put on different kinds of shoes and you only need the smallest adjustments. Its harder to get right with the manual adjuster.

As far as WRX vs Sti.... for me it was all about the fuel economy. I spent nearly as much for my Limited WRX (with technology package which I think is def worth the $2500) as the base model Sti. But an Sti is only going to get 22-23 mpg while Im getting 29-30 mpg on the way to and from work everyday. You cant beat that... especially for a car that does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. So it was a no-brainer for me.
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love my Limited seats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I kinda look at the difference between GBP and WRBP as more mature vs more boy racer. No offense to anyone with the WRB but I just feel like the GB is more adult like and sophisticated. The Rally Blue is almost too purple and kiddish for my liking.

Some of the other features I liked with the Limited was the auto on/off headlights, power drivers seat (which I love) and the defrost in the mirrors and windshield wipers (not in base model). The power seat is great for when you put on different kinds of shoes and you only need the smallest adjustments. Its harder to get right with the manual adjuster.

As far as WRX vs Sti.... for me it was all about the fuel economy. I spent nearly as much for my Limited WRX (with technology package which I think is def worth the $2500) as the base model Sti. But an Sti is only going to get 22-23 mpg while Im getting 29-30 mpg on the way to and from work everyday. You cant beat that... especially for a car that does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. So it was a no-brainer for me.
    Agreed, I would definitely choose GBP over WRB if I were to go with blue.

About the power seats...I thought all trim levels came only with manual seats based on what I see on Subaru.com ("6-way manually adjustable driver's seat"). Or am I reading the chart wrong? It's not part of the technology package right? I know what you mean though, I've envied my wife for her power seat while I'm stuck with two notches in my "sweet spot" range that feel either too far or too close, depending on what I'm wearing that day.

How do you like the upgraded sound system? 29 - 30 mpg is much better than what I was hoping for (I would've settled with low-mid 20s). Is your commute mostly highway?

The limited comes with the power seats.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42 View Post
    The limited comes with the power seats.
    Its actually just the drivers seat that has power..... Its 8-way adjustable. Prob all the same as standard seat but you can raise and lower for height adjustment.

The Harmon Kardon is pretty descent. Like a 7/10... I dont need any crazy stereo in my car anymore so this is plenty for me. The sound is crisp and gets loud enough. Its also a Nav which is...eh ok. I havent used it a lot but, like most factory units, the amount of POIs (point of interests) arent that abundant. You also get push button start / keyless entry and voice activated commands which surprisingly works pretty good. So like I said, IMO its worth the $2500, but Im sure others will beg to differ.
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

I agree that the Nav package is the way to go with the Limited! you get more then a Push button and I have heard mixed reviews on the Nav Unit. Personally I think I will upgrade the Nav Unit to something that allows for Apples "car play" which allows you to use your HU in the car like your phone screen which I think is pretty cool... As far as the seats are concerned... I think leather is way better to keep clean when you have kids like I do.. I have yet to get my Limited but that's the one I am getting.. I just cant figure out the Color I am on the fence on Black or Grey

I was torn between galaxy blue or grey and decided on the blue ....black looks nice, but its so hard to keep clean and its easier to see imperfections in the paint.
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

I Support ClubWRX
    love my limited seats. 2013 tho dont have the power seats. just heated. but i also love the embroidered sti logo on the head rest.

kirk now you really have me second guessing if I chose the right color. I had been wafflying back and forth b/w WRPB and GPB for some time and just ordered my car in WRPB b/c it has been the only model i've seen in person that i liked -- the caveat being that I haven't seen a GPB in person.

I don't like my cars to be too splashy or to draw TOO much attention (or to be too "racer-boy", as you aptly put it) but then again at the same time, i've owned dark cars in the past and can't stand seeing all those scratches show up.

Debating if I should call the dealer and see if it isn't too late for them to order it in GPB...what to do...

do you happen to have any pictures you could share?

Here are some pics that might help:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluevsblue.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	162353

Name:	bluevsblue2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	162361
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

Name:	bluevsblue2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	162369
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

Name:	bluevsblue3.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	162377
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

get the leather, easier to clean

I've owned quite a few of both variety (leather & cloth), both Subaru and other makes. All I can say is that there is a reason they upcharge for leather. Not to knock cloth; the Subaru cloth is actually pretty comfortable. But leather is so much easier to keep clean. If properly maintained and conditioned every so often, it holds a very nice appearance for a long time. My problems with cloth have largely stemmed from spilling coffee. I've done it in every vehicle I've owned. It's a non-issue with leather - just wipe it off. Cloth immediately soaks liquid in. You can get it clean eventually, but with significant effort.

I ordered my GBP Limited for the leather seats alone (push button start and LEDs were icing on the cake). One knock against the leather - if you live in a warm locale and wear shorts a lot, you're going to feel it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.