Looking to buy 2015 WRX in next 6 months

This is a discussion on Looking to buy 2015 WRX in next 6 months within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a 2015 WRX in the next 6 months and had some questions about them. ...

Looking to buy 2015 WRX in next 6 months

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a 2015 WRX in the next 6 months and had some questions about them. This will be my 4th subaru, I current own a 2009 Legacy 2.5i, great car and nothing wrong with it, just miss the turbo. I'm more looking at the reliability aspect of it. I know its still so new to the market but has any one had any mechanical issues with it? I remember in 2009 when they revamped the GR Series it was supposed to be a solid engine, although as I read about some guys problems on nasioc and 3gwrx it seemed like people were having compression issues as they progressed in their builds. Is there any already known issues with the engine? What about the 6 speed? I know the 5 speed was far inferior to the STI 6 speed but from what I understand this is a completely different 6 speed from the STI. Any feedback on the 2015 would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I took delivery of a 2015 WRX WRB 6MT Ltd on 6/7/15. I have 4200 mi so far and all is perfect, except for picking up a nail in tire on way home from dealer with 3 miles one her. Aggh. I upgraded to STS after 3900 miles, and I prefer the STS. More precise, better feel. Very subjective on this subject. The 6 speed is a welcome change, although press says the 6mt gives you a fraction of a second slower 0-60 because you can't get to 60 without going into 3. Duh. I didn't think the intent was to get in the guiness book for 0-60 speed with a WRX. From my observation, most of the mods that people were doing on previous years and then some were addressed on the 15. The rigidity and handling .. excellent.. ride.. excellent.. sound system.. once you reset basic settings.. acceptable . However, I have noticed ( and learned) that while temp gauge stays planted in mid range does not move a bit even c etc.when run hard, there is a lot of heat generated by the engine. Have been advised by many very knowledgeable Subie gurus, even an off the record comment from factory rep, change oil and filter every 3K. and do full service at 6, 12, 18, etc, and rotate tires every 6 if you run hard. I always have been anal about oil changes so this is not a big deal for me. I don't expect any problems, but I will use only subaru oils and filters, just in case of an issue, so there would not be any wiggle room by factory, etc.
    The leather seating and HID lighting on the limited is a worthwhile option.I also ditched the stock horns the second day I had the car and put in Hella Supertones. Nice.
    I am 6"2 and I have plenty of room, and so do people sitting back of me. Nice surprise. I hope this helps.

@guzziman: how do you like the leather seating in the Limited? Does it fall more on the slippery side, or does it grip you in place nicely? Is it all smooth or does it have suede or some kind of faux suede inserts? I have pretty much made up my mind on getting a 2015 WRX very soon, and I do like the look of leather (and HID lighting would be a nice bonus), but I'd rather go with cloth if the leather is the slip 'n slide kind, especially in car that handles the twisties like the Rex.