need help purchasing car (tips and info)

This is a discussion on need help purchasing car (tips and info) within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I am currently researching the 2015 wrx premium and i would greatly appreciate leasing tips This is my first car ...

need help purchasing car (tips and info)

I am currently researching the 2015 wrx premium and i would greatly appreciate leasing tips
    This is my first car from the dealer and i will have a co-signer with great credit i will most likely buy it later but for now this is probably my best option
    My questions are:
    What should be a reasonable price to lease?
    What should and or not do/ask the salesman?
    anything else is should do?
    i greatly appreciate your help
    thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you can lease a wrx you probably can buy it ......Subaru has loans up to 7 years and if you are planning on buying later its probably your best bet IMO.....3 year lease at 300+ with 2-4k down by the end of that lease you will be in to it for around 14-15k that's almost half paid off...they will try to hit you for the other 20k that is owed on the car for probably another 5 years....get the base model with a few upgrades and you will be happy the new sound system in my opinon is still not worth the cash...

Interesting.. I'm in the middle of negotiations and they've offered me a premium with short shifter for $28,000(final out the door would be $30,000). Thought it was a great deal but for whatever reason I'm becoming more apprehensive.

i am looking to buy it for $28,500 out the door no add-ons just a regular premium
    what do you guys think?

I've always been opposed to leasing and co-signing. If you don't have the credit on your own..don't put someone else on the hook for you. And leasing with the intent to purchase at the end of the lease will cost so much more in the end.

im thinking maybe i should lease the car for 4 years and then get another one in 2018 and end up buying that one once my credit it up
    any thought?

mrd
    Lease only if you are not sure you want to keep it. Otherwise, you are better off buying it as your rate would be almost the same, but for longer time. I leased only one car and it was because, my wife wanted to have 7 seater Trebeca B9. This was $18k for 3 years. When you sell your car after 3 years you lose $10k at most. Think about amount of money you put on it, not on rate. If credit is an issue, build one before you purchase it'll take a year or so. Thats not a big deal.