Is this wrx worth it?

This is a discussion on Is this wrx worth it? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; It's a 2002 wrx with a new transmission w/ 45,000 mi, engine and rest of car has 172,900 mi. Here's ...

Is this wrx worth it?

It's a 2002 wrx with a new transmission w/ 45,000 mi, engine and rest of car has 172,900 mi. Here's the link to the rex 2002 subaru impreza WRX bugeye!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No. Unless you are active duty you will not be able to register the car in CA, and even if you are active duty, the car is illegal anywhere and everywhere in the US.

I'd buy a CA car with intact emissions equipment, a current valid CA smog certificate, and a full service history using authentic parts. No smog certificate, no purchase, at a minimum.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

MTM
    dudes trying to sell his bugeye in one of my subaru groups in NorCal. Where you at? His is smog legal im pretty sure.

I live in nevada, the guy offered to drive out to me if I'm going to buy It

I live in nevada

I Support ClubWRX
    Find a local car with a full service history and without any modifications.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I've been trying for the past month and I've had no luck

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthurone View Post
    I've been trying for the past month and I've had no luck
    That is luck in and of itself though. Buying an unsound car is just not fun. Wait until the right car is available.

Ok thanks

Ok what about this one? 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    absolutely not. the stage 2 clutch is a HUGE no no for me. [there is no reason to have a stage 2 clutch unless there are very very very heavy modifications or the owner has no clue what they are doing. either one is bad]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Ya thanks for the reply, I went and looked at it earlier today he did not know what he was doing with the car at all he said he didn't even know what the title is, he also took out a loan to pay for the car and he just wants to make money.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    o.O interesting. well good luck. trust me, patience is KEY when buying a used subaru. it's going to probably take a while. you may even have to travel. waiting for the right one is totally worth it though

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.