I need experienced subaru owners to help me ASAP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I need experienced subaru owners to help me ASAP within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi my names Arthur and I've been saving up for about a year now and finally have 00. Now I ...

Hi my names Arthur and I've been saving up for about a year now and finally have $6000. Now I have always loved wrx and really want one, and I recently saw a posting on craigslist of a wrx for that amount. The car is exactly what I've been looking for, it's roll caged in the back, has a new jdm transfer case
    new Exeedy stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel
    good tires
    coil-overs
    aftermarket BOV
    full exhaust
    short sifter
    hid's
    Nrg harnesses and harness bar. HOWEVER, it has 192,000 miles on the engine!!!!!! Is it worth spending 6 large on something that will potentially go out very soon? Or are those amount of miles regular for a 03? Please help I'm looking at it in a week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi my names Arthur and I've been saving up for about a year now and finally have $6000. Now I have always loved wrx and really want one, and I recently saw a posting on craigslist of a wrx for that amount. The car is exactly what I've been looking for, it's roll caged in the back, has a new jdm transfer case
    new Exeedy stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel
    good tires
    coil-overs
    aftermarket BOV
    full exhaust
    short sifter
    hid's
    Nrg harnesses and harness bar. HOWEVER, it has 192,000 miles on the engine!!!!!! Is it worth spending 6 large on something that will potentially go out very soon? Or are those amount of miles regular for a 03? Please help I'm looking at it in a week.

That is alot of miles. Few things though. One is the BOV. You never want a blow off valve on our cars, it can actually damage them. Everything else depends on if the car has been tuned properly for the mods. From you have stated I would 100% stay away from this car. Do some more digging on it. Find out EXACTLY what it has done. Tuned? By who? What brand exhaust? UEL or EL MANIFOLD? What brand coilovers? Who installed all of these parts? Is all of the service up to date such as the timing belt and so fourth??? So many questions puts this car at risk of failure. Maybe post up the link to the ad and we can try to help a little more.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Why would you post the exact same thread in two different area's? Sorry if you did not like my response, but its the truth. Others will respond in similiar ways about it. No need for two different threads on the same subject.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Thank you @wrx-maniac sorry for posting it in two places I'm new to these forums and didn't know how fast I would get a response, here's the link 2003 wrx thank you for all your help

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't merge on my mobile but maybe another mod will or I'll do it tomorrow.

The miles are the least of your worries. Don't buy.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Honestly the ad he posted is still pretty vague for the amount of mods the car has. If I were you, I would call the guy, ask him everything I just asked you. There are a few important things that need to be known. Ill post the questions in the order of importance to what I THINK. Other opinions may vary.

-Has the car been serviced at the right intervals? (pump, timing belt, etc.)
    -Has the car been properly pro-tuned for the mods? If so, who tuned it. This is important bc you can then call the shop and find out exactly what is done to the car and so fourth.
    -EXACTLY what all mods are done to it? (brand names and exact parts such as manifold, downpipe etc)
    -Does it still have the factory turbo?
    -Are there any fuel modifications done to it? Larger injecters, fuel pump? He doesnt have anything listed in his ad about fuel mods. With the amount of mods it has it seems unlikely that his tuner, assuming it has been pro-tuned, didnt suggest fuel upgrades. But then again, we REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT ALL HAS BEEN DONE TO THE CAR.
    -What kind of coilovers are on the car? And has it been aligned correctly?
    -Lastly, and this really isnt a question for the guy, but the blow off valve needs to go. Replace it with the stock or a nice aftermarket BPV (bypass valve or recirculating valve)

Good luck, write everything down, and report back here with the findings!
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Thank you so much for all your help I would have been so lost, I will definitely ask him everything thank you @wrx-maniac

No don't do it, too high of a mileage. And for $6,000 that's a good chunk for a down payment. Is financing something you can do? I just would never touch anything with such high mileage unless you're getting it for dirt cheap.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The mods seem to be poorly chosen.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Thanks for all the replys guys, but @wrxnh no I can't really finance anything right now, craigslist is my only option!!! or maybe a used car dealership?

I Support ClubWRX
    Find a stock unmodified car with a full service history.

Many cars that are cheap to buy are expensive to own.

Find an unmodified car.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Threads merged.

Thanks everyone for all the help but the wrx owner says he's only owned the car for 6 months and doesn't know most of the answers to that question, I'm looking at a srt4 today and don't think I'm gonna get the wrx

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthurone View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the help but the wrx owner says he's only owned the car for 6 months and doesn't know most of the answers to that question, I'm looking at a srt4 today and don't think I'm gonna get the wrx
    Good choice. Well not on the SRT4, but for not buying the Subaru.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.