On the fence about ordering a 2015 CWP WRX Limited...

This is a discussion on On the fence about ordering a 2015 CWP WRX Limited... within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Looking for some opinions as I'm weighing trading in my 2013 Accord Coupe EXL 2.5L CVT for a 2015 WRX ...

On the fence about ordering a 2015 CWP WRX Limited...

Looking for some opinions as I'm weighing trading in my 2013 Accord Coupe EXL 2.5L CVT for a 2015 WRX CWP 6speed Limited, which would have to be ordered.

As for me I'm a 33yo professional near Boston, MA and I'll be traveling New England a lot for work. My motivation in the change is to get something more fun and practical at the same time (AWD & 4 Doors). In all fairness the Accord is honestly a fantastic car for the money, just not "fun". I'd just prefer AWD & a Turbo.

Today I actually got around to test driving one, not the exact one I want, but rather a Premium in DGM with Navi, it was the ONLY one they had. The local dealer can order me what I want at a great price, $600 below invoice, $28,822. They'll also give me what I want in trade for my car which is $22,000. So the financial aspect is not an issue and I know these are great figures.

Overall I walked away from the test drive a little underwhelmed unfortunately. Now it wasn't due to handling or power, I found both good/great. I did notice that it "seemed" to have a LOT more pull off the line than with roll-on acceleration. The issues that left me wanting more were the stereo and interior refinement/features/material quality.

I was completely let down with the optional 440Watt HK Navi system, it really seemed to lack any wow factor. The salesman tried playing with the settings and it did sound a little better with Bluetooth than XM, but is this system just not that great in general? Granted $1,000 would buy me a nice aftermarket deck, though not sure how the stock speakers are and I'd still lack Keyless entry/start. In comparison the 360Watt base EX-L stereo in my Accord seems to blow the HK away (and it's an unbranded stock system with the EX-L trim level).

I honestly think if it were the car I want (CWP Limited) I would have been a bit more in lust, the DGM did nothing for me and the cloth seats, lack of LED lights, etc probably brought down the feel a touch. Unfortunately no dealers seem to have what I want, I haven't even seen a CWP in person yet and I can't even find one in stock anywhere.

So rather than go into all my other observations, let me pose some questions:

1.) Does the HK system sound significantly better when tweaked? Reason I ask is I think I saw on some video someone mentioning changing settings for vastly improved sound. 440 Watts and a $2500 price tag has me thinking there must be more to it...

2.) Keyless entry/start is the real thing I want from the $2500 option. Now I could have the option for $1850 though ($30,665 Limited w/ HK), at $1850 extra is it worth it for the HK and Keyless? (I'd use my cell phone for GPS anyway) I've also seen that there is an aftermarket option for keyless though the install may be tricky/time consuming.

Basically I'd love some constructive feedback. Anyone with regrets? Psychologically I think I'd have a hitting a block spending $30k+ when the interior plastics and feel is what it is.

Some options on my mind; keep my car, used 2006-08 Porsche Cayman S, used 2010-2011 Mercedes E350, Used BMW 135i, BMW 228i, etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In your case, I'd opt for the Porsche, Mercedes, or BMW. Sounds like you're a creature of refinement, unfortunately for you that's not a WRX. They harken more to a rawer driver experience, which is what I love. But I have not driven a 2015 ......so I speak only about my 2013.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker