Question from from future wrx owner

This is a discussion on Question from from future wrx owner within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I just had my last car totalled recently and I'm looking to buy a used WRX. I'm looking to get ...

Question from from future wrx owner

I just had my last car totalled recently and I'm looking to buy a used WRX. I'm looking to get a 11 or 12 hatchback. I just found one in the NYC area on the internet asking for 24,500. It is a 2012 and has just under 15,000 miles on it and the color I want SWP. Not sure what trim it is. I'm going to pay cash for the car and have not bought a car used or new with cash before. How much should I offer to pay since I'm going to pay cash. The car is priced slightly under KBB value already. I've always thought that if you pay cash you'd get a lower price on the car, am I wrong? And just fyi I did check out the carfax it says that it only had one owner and no accidents.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That depends if it's a dealer or private seller. If it's a dealer, you should be about to get a few hundred bucks difference. Subarus hold their value pretty well, so....
    A car is only as good as its driver

Check to see if its been modified but yes if you do pay cash you should definitely have some more play in negotiation.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Its being sold by a dealership. Its also a Subaru dealership.

I Support ClubWRX
    There is no harm in asking below the price. Worst case scenario they say no. If it were me I'd probably come in and say I'll give ya 22K cash. Then open a briefcase full of ones

always haggle!...I got my 2015 below msrp...Money talks.

I definitely agree that you can and should haggle.

as far as cash.... really makes no difference. If anything, the dealership wants you to finance as they get backend profit on in-house financing. They're going to get their money from either the lender or in cash, its green either way.

If the hatch isn't important then you should also look to see how close a 2015 is in price.

never hurts to ask. Come in low but not too low and you will walk away a winner. I just ordered my new 15' right at invoice because I asked for the right numbers and had a 15k down payment.

find whatever # you are willing / wanting to pay and come in a grand or so below that and work to the middle.

also if you paying that much for used go check out a 2015 they have on the lot. Interior is much nicer and all around better riding/driving car for the same $$ really...

I bought my 2014 dgm hatch wrx for 24,500 brand new. Mine is the base model though. I assume the one you're looking at is probably the one with a sunroof and seat heaters.

Ohh yea and if your a usaa member or have purchased multiple new cars from the dealer, then 50$+ on top of invoice because they did no work I come in and order. Try to go and order one anyways because they don't have many models in stock and you may get the deal you are looking for, I always buy new for subies because you have no idea how many dumb kids drove the hell out of it before you. I only will take the car if it has under 10 miles on it, new 2015 limited out the door for under 30 taxes incl. only thing I regret is not being able to hold off until that new sti motor comes out, hopefully actual gas mileage out if the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 Wrx Satin White Premium, TurboXs TBE, AP stage 2