Thinking of maybe getting a wrx?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Thinking of maybe getting a wrx? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi all, I just how joined the forums Now I'm deciding between a mitsubishi lancer ralliart or a Subaru wrx, ...

Thinking of maybe getting a wrx?

Hi all, I just how joined the forums

Now I'm deciding between a mitsubishi lancer ralliart or a Subaru wrx, all 2015 models. I don't know what to get Mitsubishi lancer ralliart has amazing handling but lacks 30 less hp.

How do you guys like your wrx? Any turbo lag??? Does it push you back in your seat when you hit gas?

How is cabin noise when just cruising, is it loud road noises getting in? I'm not to worried about cabins anyways I mean I'm buying a performance car lol but good to know.

Need advice thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

go drive one .. wrx is 1000x times better lol .

Yea gotta agree. The ralliart handling felt like a stock lancer in comparison to the 2015. I test drove both and immediately ordered a 2015 wrx. Much nicer interior and to me felt more solid this is of course just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 WRX FTW! the Lancer not only has less HP which does not necessarily mean much but the WRX is a Turbo motor and if your into mods then you know Turbos have LOTS of potential! I drive a Lancer now and its OK, Of course I have the base model so I cant talk about the Ralliart model but you should drive a WRX, once of the most fun cars I have ever driven

Quote Originally Posted by Jason2015WRX View Post
    2015 WRX FTW! the Lancer not only has less HP which does not necessarily mean much but the WRX is a Turbo motor and if your into mods then you know Turbos have LOTS of potential! I drive a Lancer now and its OK, Of course I have the base model so I cant talk about the Ralliart model but you should drive a WRX, once of the most fun cars I have ever driven
    I miss my lancer :/

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    I miss my lancer :/

You miss your lancer? What model did you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason2015WRX View Post
    The ralliart has a turbo motor as well. But all. Be honest the ralliart looks 1000x better in person then a wrx you know. Kinda like which do you want to see everyday in your driveway kinda thing. I could do small upgrades to the ralliart to make it 268 hp (add 30hp) I heard with a air intake and a tune it can go to 300hp

The ralliart looks exactly like the lancer with an evo hood and blacked out front. It doesn't look at all aggressive enough for my tastes

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwithequaker View Post
    You miss your lancer? What model did you have?
    Ya I had a 2010 es octane blue

Ya I had a 2010 es octane blue

What do you miss about it? Do you own a wrx now? And was it the GT model you owned? . I heard lancer are amazing in snow not sure how good wrx does, probably the same I guess.

The ralliart has a turbo motor as well. But all. Be honest the ralliart looks 1000x better in person then a wrx you know. Kinda like which do you want to see everyday in your driveway kinda thing. I could do small upgrades to the ralliart to make it 268 hp (add 30hp) I heard with a air intake and a tune it can go to 300hp
    Oh yea my bad about the Turbo... I see that now... Drive both and let me know what you think... I never considered the Lancer because I drive a 09 and it look's petty much the same from the outside, its also slower then the stock WRX IDK its up to you

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    = I don't know what to get Mitsubishi lancer ralliart has amazing handling but lacks 30 less hp.
    While the Ralliart has a more advanced AWD system compared to the WRX, the WRX chassis tuning is far superior to the Ralliart. Not to say either is a slouch in the corners, but I feel that the 2015 WRX will outcorner the Ralliart. An interesting note is that Mitsu chose to deny the Ralliart of the understeer-killing AYC system while Subaru chose to bless the 2015 WRX with the understeer-killing ATV on the front axle.

Any turbo lag??? Does it push you back in your seat when you hit gas?
    While the WRX has a larger (and twin-scroll) turbo compared to the Ralliart, the DI combined with high compression should result in reduced lag compared to the Ralliart. Due to the setup, the FA20DIT should produce a broader torque band compared to the 4B11T in the Ralliart. I will not argue that the 4B11T is not a great motor, however. In the end, you will really need to drive both and decide.

The Ralliart has a much smaller turbo (TD04 housing, I think it's a 15K wheel?) compared to the new 2015 WRX. Furthermore, the WRX has a twin-scroll turbo like the Evo. Preliminary tests show the FA20DIT picking up approx. 40-50whp from tuning alone. Safe to say that in stock form, the 2015 WRX has a lot more tuning potential than the Ralliart.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

What do you miss about it? Do you own a wrx now? And was it the GT model you owned? . I heard lancer are amazing in snow not sure how good wrx does, probably the same I guess.
    No it was an es. It was just a fun car to own, interior was amazing, just an aggressive car in my opinion.
    The wrx is great in the snow as long as you're not running summer tires

No it was an es. It was just a fun car to own, interior was amazing, just an aggressive car in my opinion.
    The wrx is great in the snow as long as you're not running summer tires

Yea the ralliart have a alot more aggressive stance and mean looking front then any car I have seen. What might get me to lean to a ralliart is its sst dual clutch.

You know the evo right now is like 289 a month on a lease... It's been making me question if the wrx makes the most sense financially now because the best lease I can get on a limited wrx is like 350 ish and now I'm trying to figure out if the evo is better and cheaper payment wise then the wrx... Hmmm lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast