possible subaru owner! :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on possible subaru owner! :) within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; hey guys i had a cobalt ss which i am selling on saturday, I am looking into 2014 sti at ...

possible subaru owner! :)

hey guys i had a cobalt ss which i am selling on saturday, I am looking into 2014 sti at victory subaru in nj (first time car buyer) i would have 30k cash after sale of cobalt. Just wondering if you guys have any tips etc to get the best price from them. If it helps they have 2 2014 stis on the lot and one 15, and i know for a fact those 2014's have been there for months sitting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why a 2014 over a 2015?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Why a 2014 over a 2015?

Because I can probably get a better deal on the 14 then the 15.

Probably although it seems the 15 wrx is the better performing car you can maybe get the same if not cheaper. Even the 15 sti although same motor is a much different and better beast.
    I'm sure zax can chime in on this as well. He has the actual experience I'm just saying what I read off other experiences

Sometimes u just gotta talk to them. Be ready to walk away if the deal isnt right also. Former cobalt ss owner myself, 05 2.7 pulley slp exhaust what mods u have out of curiousity. In my personal experience test driving 15 wrx vs cobalt ss. TRACTION. The ss move but getting traction is a chore especially with wheel hop. Better build quality on the wrx. With that amount depending on your circumstances a wrx might be a better fit for u than the sti. If possible drive and price them both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OleDB View Post
    Sometimes u just gotta talk to them. Be ready to walk away if the deal isnt right also. Former cobalt ss owner myself, 05 2.7 pulley slp exhaust what mods u have out of curiousity. In my personal experience test driving 15 wrx vs cobalt ss. TRACTION. The ss move but getting traction is a chore especially with wheel hop. Better build quality on the wrx. With that amount depending on your circumstances a wrx might be a better fit for u than the sti. If possible drive and price them both

lol mines fully built and turbo swapped. i really want a wrx/sti lol.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Probably although it seems the 15 wrx is the better performing car you can maybe get the same if not cheaper. Even the 15 sti although same motor is a much different and better beast.
    I'm sure zax can chime in on this as well. He has the actual experience I'm just saying what I read off other experiences

Lol why do I always get called in on these posts?

Yes the 2015 is a whole new car. Finally a Subaru that can compete with an Evo stock for stock.

I have driven a LOT of WRXs and STis over the years. The 2015 WRX easily outcorners the 2011-2014 STi from the factory. In reality, a lot of R&D has gone onto these cars.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Nice u really don't see too many cobalt ss's on the road hopefully all goes well with the new purchase. Keep us posted

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are dead set on a 2014 STI then definitely go for it but, I would consider the 2015 as well. Even the 2015 WRX is better than the 2014 STI.

Either car would be a step up from the Cobalt for sure.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    If you are dead set on a 2014 STI then definitely go for it but, I would consider the 2015 as well. Even the 2015 WRX is better than the 2014 STI.

Haha yea my cobalt 500 whp = no traction lol Idk the tuning capabilities of the wrx also looks promising with the di motor I gotta test drive these cars lol. Good thing for the 03 impala I have only 34k miles lol

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Lol why do I always get called in on these posts?

Yes the 2015 is a whole new car. Finally a Subaru that can compete with an Evo stock for stock.

I have driven a LOT of WRXs and STis over the years. The 2015 WRX easily outcorners the 2011-2014 STi from the factory. In reality, a lot of R&D has gone onto these cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post

These are just reasons why we would recommend the 15 over the 14. But yes if the 14 is the car you want no one is going to stop you

someone tried saying the ring landing on the sti go pretty easily

I Support ClubWRX
    I can tell you from personal experience that the GR STi is not a shlub. I would highly recommend it. Yes the 15 suspension was improved on both the STi and the WRX, but to say it is not worthy of a look is a little bit off. I would say test drive both. Decide which one you want more based on the experience and what kind of deal you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I can tell you from personal experience that the GR STi is not a shlub. I would highly recommend it. Yes the 15 suspension was improved on both the STi and the WRX, but to say it is not worthy of a look is a little bit off. I would say test drive both. Decide which one you want more based on the experience and what kind of deal you can get.
    yea im going to selling the car today which was my 1st real car haha -_- i think i might be able to get a steal on one of the 14 stis they have in their lot considering they have not moved in months!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Have you even driven a 2015 Craig? Because I've driven the 2011-2014 gen
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast