Buying a winter car

This is a discussion on Buying a winter car within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hello, I'm interested in buying a 2002 wrx imprezza for my winter/fun car. I currently own a bolt on g8 ...

Talking Buying a winter car

Hello, I'm interested in buying a 2002 wrx imprezza for my winter/fun car. I currently own a bolt on g8 gt and this thing can't drive for **** in the winter( I live in michigan) I have a link to the car I'm looking to buy, any feed back on price/milage/insurance would be appriciated. Maybe someone on here was the prev. Owner, it appears to already have some mods. What do you guys think?!

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal...earchType=both

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The car is illegal for use on public roads anywhere in the US.

The car has been crashed.

Unless I misread, the car is overdue for a $700+ USD timing belt service.

The car is missing OEM body parts, including the all-aluminium hood that is one of the model's distinguishing features.

I'm going to venture a guess that the car was not modified in order to drive it cautiously.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

You say illegal bc it's catless right?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 08G8 View Post
    You say illegal bc it's catless right?
    Yes.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I don't mind it being catless I'm not too afraid. The g8 is catless with LT headers and still have not been pulled over. But as for a winter car say 5 months a year, do you think this would work?

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The car is illegal for use on public roads anywhere in the US.

The car has been crashed.

Unless I misread, the car is overdue for a $700+ USD timing belt service.

The car is missing OEM body parts, including the all-aluminium hood that is one of the model's distinguishing features.

I'm going to venture a guess that the car was not modified in order to drive it cautiously.
    If the car is a salvaged, what price should I ask for?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 08G8 View Post
    If the car is a salvaged, what price should I ask for?
    Sorry that's beyond my experience. I'd prefer a stock car with a full written service history ideally. If you can afford asking price on that car there are likely other cars that have a less interesting past.

I wouldn't waste your time with this...sounds like you'd be picking up someone else's problem.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning