Buying a winter car

This is a discussion on Buying a winter car within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hello, I'm interested in buying a 2002 wrx imprezza for my winter/fun car. I currently own a bolt on g8 ...

Talking Buying a winter car

Hello, I'm interested in buying a 2002 wrx imprezza for my winter/fun car. I currently own a bolt on g8 gt and this thing can't drive for **** in the winter( I live in michigan) I have a link to the car I'm looking to buy, any feed back on price/milage/insurance would be appriciated. Maybe someone on here was the prev. Owner, it appears to already have some mods. What do you guys think?!

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal...earchType=both

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The car is illegal for use on public roads anywhere in the US.

The car has been crashed.

Unless I misread, the car is overdue for a $700+ USD timing belt service.

The car is missing OEM body parts, including the all-aluminium hood that is one of the model's distinguishing features.

I'm going to venture a guess that the car was not modified in order to drive it cautiously.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

You say illegal bc it's catless right?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 08G8 View Post
    You say illegal bc it's catless right?
    Yes.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I don't mind it being catless I'm not too afraid. The g8 is catless with LT headers and still have not been pulled over. But as for a winter car say 5 months a year, do you think this would work?

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The car is illegal for use on public roads anywhere in the US.

The car has been crashed.

Unless I misread, the car is overdue for a $700+ USD timing belt service.

The car is missing OEM body parts, including the all-aluminium hood that is one of the model's distinguishing features.

I'm going to venture a guess that the car was not modified in order to drive it cautiously.
    If the car is a salvaged, what price should I ask for?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 08G8 View Post
    If the car is a salvaged, what price should I ask for?
    Sorry that's beyond my experience. I'd prefer a stock car with a full written service history ideally. If you can afford asking price on that car there are likely other cars that have a less interesting past.

I wouldn't waste your time with this...sounds like you'd be picking up someone else's problem.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying