Subaru WRX Forum banner

ordering 2015 wrx: STI performance exhaust upgrade?

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rikdrt1 
#1 ·
Hi,
Planning to put my order in for 2015 WRX. Anyone know the difference (dimensions or performance) between the stock and "STI Performance Exhaust Upgrade"?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Kind of hard to believe the only difference is sound. The thing cost $1100 MSRP and is marketed as "performance upgrade". I understand its shinier than stock and has bigger tips. Maybe has gradual bends or high-flow mufflers?

Anybody have a '15 wrx and knows the diameter of their intermediate pipe?

#6 ·
i talked to the dealer and saw it , and it is different. the point where the two mufflers join into the single pipe from the motor is much bigger. on the stock on , the connection isnt 3"+ -- the SPT is larger and therefore opens it up quite a bit.

dealer is saying that the mufflers are different and not as restrictive either - so there is some difference other than noise.
i have seen many good reviews, and i will get more info this wk as i am ready to buy this so i will get the full details.

the mandral-bends are different as is the connection point i talk about - i looked at it then looked at my stock one as they were changing the oil.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.