2015 sti or 2015 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 sti or 2015 wrx within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys I have a question I'm looking to purchase 2015 Wrx or Sti but I am torn between which ...

2015 sti or 2015 wrx

Hey guys I have a question I'm looking to purchase 2015 Wrx or Sti but I am torn between which is better I know the Sti has better brakes stiffer suspension and a heavy duty tranny but don't want that 10year old EJ motor even though it's proven motor , now the Wrx I think is the same tranny as the Brz also it has the 3rd generation boxer motor even if it s a 2 liter but turbo'd FA/FB20 I will be racing this car so what should I buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what kind of racing?
    Drag? Wrong car.
    AutoX? STI
    Daily? WRX.
    Looks like you already decided what motor you like with your screen name, so go with that.

There are a few threads with this exact question answered in depth, search for them.
    Welcome too.

if you don't want the old motor, doesn't that immediately answer your question?

I Support ClubWRX
    Plenty of threads out there to read to help you decide...

2015 WRX or 2015 WRX STI

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    This question has been answered in great detail in 1000 other posts.

WRX: Motor
    STi: Everything else

If you are racing, the answer is obvious: STi.

Wrx I think is the same tranny as the Brz
    I do not understand where this keeps coming from. This is hugely false information.

Think about it: the WRX transmission contains 6 forward gears, 1 reverse gear, a front differential and a center viscous coupler. The BRZ transmission contains 6 forward gears and 1 reverse gear. Furthermore, look at the gear ratios: the BRZ and WRX have completely different ratios, so they're not even the same gears.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.