Wait times on 2015 WRX orders - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Wait times on 2015 WRX orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Ohio79 I ordered a 2015 WR Blue Limited w/ manual on Monday, 8/4. Salesman gave me the ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio79 View Post
    I ordered a 2015 WR Blue Limited w/ manual on Monday, 8/4. Salesman gave me the last week in December as the expected timeframe for delivery! ...I can't wait that long lol...I hope they are overstating that wait!
    Better purchase new wheels with winter tires now. You live in Ohio?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Better purchase new wheels with winter tires now. You live in Ohio?
    Absolutely. That's on my mind now. I'm doing the research and looking! Good looking out...

when i signed my purchase contract on 8/4, the sales manager pressed my salesman to enter the order right away to get it picked up by Subaru ASAP. i got my VON today, and it's on what appears to be a preliminary window sticker. i guess the VON turns to a VIN when the car is made, and then you're looking at a 3-4 week transport from Japan? my salesman is pretty confident about a 8 - 10 week time frame. okay by me, because like many others on this forum, i'm already working on a winter wheel & tire pkg. oh yeah, my salesman deals with a nearby vendor that will install a 3M clear bra so it's on the car when i take delivery (thanks to crappy New England highways & roads)

Tire Rack is a good place to start

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...X&autoModClar=

then click on the "skip tires" to look at wheels:

i'm looking at either the Axis Sport XM (black painted) wheel ($149) or the BBS SR (anthracite painted) wheel ($215) w/ Dunlop Winter Sport 4D tires ($165)
    Last edited by old school; 08-08-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sacnvz View Post
    Ordered an STI on 6/23, just got a text this weekend from my sales guy stating that it should arrive next week on the 13th. We'll see......
    STI came in a few days early and got to pick it up last night. my wife and I didn't leave the dealership until 11pm which was perfect because by that time there wasn't much cars on the road. hope everyone else's order comes early too. I'll post some pics on my other thread.

New to site.... Just ordered my 2015 WRX base model in dark grey metallic with STi exhaust and upgraded sounds all around. Dealership told me 4-5 months!!!!! I have been suffering for the last 5 years rebuilding my credit and driving a 2001 Forester (which is sitting @ 212,239 on the odo) for this day. Now to have to wait 4-5 months, this is going to be torture!

Quote Originally Posted by FirstWRX420 View Post
    New to site.... Just ordered my 2015 WRX base model in dark grey metallic with STi exhaust and upgraded sounds all around. Dealership told me 4-5 months!!!!! I have been suffering for the last 5 years rebuilding my credit and driving a 2001 Forester (which is sitting @ 212,239 on the odo) for this day. Now to have to wait 4-5 months, this is going to be torture!
    that it IS a long time to wait ... hopefully it's cut in half or so ... just ordered a white ltd w/ cvt/nav + some accessories .. will keep posting status as i get it

New member, just ordered my 2015 white premium model yesterday, was given VON right then, also showed delivery in October,,,cannot wait,,have wanted one of these cars for many,many years!!

Congrats and welcome! Great package choice by the way
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You should appreciate this!

My 2015 was the first 2015 I had ever seen outside of an Auto Show.
    Since I never saw one before placing my order, my goal is not to see one until mine arrives. I'm going to be angry if someone at work shows up with one; then I'll have to stare at it and risk drool soiling my work shirt.

To pass the time, I've begun obsessing over the paint color. I saw a BRZ in Galaxy Blue the other day in a parking lot and had to stop to do a walk around. I hope mine looks that good.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jjoakl View Post
    Since I never saw one before placing my order, my goal is not to see one until mine arrives. I'm going to be angry if someone at work shows up with one; then I'll have to stare at it and risk drool soiling my work shirt.

To pass the time, I've begun obsessing over the paint color. I saw a BRZ in Galaxy Blue the other day in a parking lot and had to stop to do a walk around. I hope mine looks that good.
    It's gettting harder and harder to avoid seeing a 2015... When I took order of my 2015 is was April, and not many were on the road. At a local meet yesterday, there were 5 2015 WRX/STi.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Kinda depends on the area. Where I am in South Jersey it's mustang and honda country only a handfull of rex's. Honestly in the 3 weeks I've had mine I've seen maybe 6

I ordered my limited WRX a few weeks ago on July 21st. The sales guy stated at the dealership a time frame within 6 to 16 weeks. Every day that has went by I've gotten more excited, so today I decided to email my salesman. He said today that it would arrive in early November, "AT BEST". It was hard to hear especially since I drove an hour and a half to and ordered from the largest Subaru dealer in my state to hopefully get the car faster.. I am hopeful that he is just saying this so I do not bug him about it too often. Hopefully It will get bumped up like many others have.

I ordered the Limited in Dark Gray Metallic with side moldings. I also ordered with Harmon Kardon audio and push button start. The STi Short throw shifter package should be a treat as well. I skipped the STi exhaust as I figure I will put on an aftermarket exhaust at some point.

I suppose I should grab some snow tires before my WRX and the snow get here.

Also, what color is the Limited's carpet? I'm also looking at the weathertech mats which come in black, grey, or beige. Wisconsin has some pretty badass winters.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXRWRX View Post
    I ordered my limited WRX a few weeks ago on July 21st. The sales guy stated at the dealership a time frame within 6 to 16 weeks. Every day that has went by I've gotten more excited, so today I decided to email my salesman. He said today that it would arrive in early November, "AT BEST". It was hard to hear especially since I drove an hour and a half to and ordered from the largest Subaru dealer in my state to hopefully get the car faster.. I am hopeful that he is just saying this so I do not bug him about it too often. Hopefully It will get bumped up like many others have.

I ordered the Limited in Dark Gray Metallic with side moldings. I also ordered with Harmon Kardon audio and push button start. The STi Short throw shifter package should be a treat as well. I skipped the STi exhaust as I figure I will put on an aftermarket exhaust at some point.

I suppose I should grab some snow tires before my WRX and the snow get here.

Also, what color is the Limited's carpet? I'm also looking at the weathertech mats which come in black, grey, or beige. Wisconsin has some pretty badass winters.
    on 8/4 I placed my order for a white limited w/ CVT+nav, body side molding, rear bumper application, all weather floor mats, wheel locks, center armrest ext, & auto dim mirror w/ compass

on 8/8, my salesman gave me a copy of a window sticker with a vehicle order number (VON) which change to a VIN if (a) the ordered car is coming in the next allotment and can be equipped with the right accessories, or (b) the car is made at the factory and a VIN is assigned after it rolls off the production line. so your salesman should also be providing you a VON by now

with a VON, you can contact Subaru of America to get order status, especially if your dealer doesn't want to be bothered

according to the brochure, the limited's carpet is carbon black

apologies for sounding redundant to the more experienced forum members, maybe they can perk up as well and offer you additional advice ... i'm a newbie, going by what i've read from other posts so far

I have a question as far as the order process.... does subaru's system first look for unallocated cars that are scheduled to be built already? Does the dealer have visbility into that? I'd only be wanting a base model with minimal options, and the color I'd choose would be flexible depending upon if a certain color would arrive quicker.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.