2015 WRX delivery times

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX delivery times within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; hey all, Just ordered my first WRX - very excited - I have wanted one for about 8 years now. ...

2015 WRX delivery times

hey all,

Just ordered my first WRX - very excited - I have wanted one for about 8 years now.

I live in Columbia, South Carolina and when I went into to talk to them about ordering one they told me it would be 8-10 weeks for a 6 speed WRX Limited in Dark Grey Metallic.

I placed an order and put 1,000 down on it yesterday and after I did that they said it would be August-September. I said how do you go from 8-10 weeks to 20-24 weeks and they were like its a popular car, could be waiting list, its coming from japan, blah blah blah.

I hope they were just being conservative so that i wont be calling them once a week after 10 weeks if its still not here.

For anyone else that has ordered one, what were you told as far as delivery times?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I inquired about an order, was also told 8-10 weeks.

I'm in Southern California, and the local Subaru dealership here just got in some orders of WRXs and also some for dealership stock. I've been inquiring about the LE STI, which they will be getting in sometime in the next month or so. The sales manager even told me to come by to test drive the WRX. They want my SE bad...haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 View Post
    I inquired about an order, was also told 8-10 weeks.
    that sounded right to me - i think they were just giving me worst case scenario but 5 months sounded ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Heart666 View Post
    I'm in Southern California, and the local Subaru dealership here just got in some orders of WRXs and also some for dealership stock. I've been inquiring about the LE STI, which they will be getting in sometime in the next month or so. The sales manager even told me to come by to test drive the WRX. They want my SE bad...haha.
    yeah they tried to get me to buy their WRX coming in april but it wasnt the color i wanted and was just the base model.

i figure if you are going to order one at least get exactly what you want you know?

thats ridiculous. go to another dealer. $1000 ? wow
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Cee
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye83 View Post
    hey all,

Just ordered my first WRX - very excited - I have wanted one for about 8 years now.
    I put my name down on an STI Launch Edition about a month and a half ago. I was told it would be delivered May 5th to the dealership. I called just this week and they said it was currently on a train and was on schedule for May 5th. Maybe +/- 1 day. I'm soo glad it didn't get delayed.

roughly 4years wait time. They're built by hand.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I just walked in and said "i want one" and they showed me six of them. i drove away 3 hours later in my new ride. They are getting 6 more in a few days.