Dealer doesn't allow test drive!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dealer doesn't allow test drive! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hello: I just went to a dealer to test drive WRX since I've never driven one. He said they don't ...

Dealer doesn't allow test drive!

Hello:

I just went to a dealer to test drive WRX since I've never driven one. He said they don't let test drive with WRX unless they know the customer is fully committed to buy the car?! Is that the real case?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's not unheard of

I personally wouldn't buy from a dealer who didn't allow test drives.

If you don't mind me asking, are you a younger person?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

45 years young!

the guy that gave me a test drive said usually they don't unless they're sure the person is going to buy the car.. he had also mentioned it was his 2nd week working there and he was pretty close to my age (26)

MTM
    Dont buy one there then. Make sure they know that too.

had the same issue. I was pissed. Idk who subaru dealers think they are. Their selling cheap cars. Their demographic for wrxs and brzs are younger than the norm! I'm 24. I test drove ( and than bought) my c-class coupe, 1m, & Exige. Never had an issue before. Even when i was looking at a maserati & a viper, they had no problem allowing me a test drive. Stupid decision to judge based on age or looks. Im in the car business myself and I don't deny test drives b.c of looks or age. If i did id lose a lot of business.

I Support ClubWRX
    They don't need the business. On the other hand you don't need the car. It's not a win-win; you're ahead of the game because you have the money. Never set foot again and buy something else; lots of great choices today.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Not unheard of some dealers are that way. Move on don't buy.

They don't deserve your business. I had an awesome experience with an internet sales manager who I texted before my test drive with the WRX (that I bought that day)...and I'm only 20

I'll admit I didn't test drive my 2014... But I was offered the opportunity to... I knew I wanted the car, had driven a friends WRX... Not too mention it was still in the plastic with 6 miles on it... If something wasn't right I know they'd fix it but chances were it was OK...

That being said I wouldn't of been pleased if I was denied the chance to drive it...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by HRDWRK View Post
    45 years young!
    yeah shouldnt be a problem then! lol i've honestly never had any problems test driving subarus at my local dealership. even at 17 they allowed me to test drive a brand new wrx at the time.

do you have to prove you are "fully committed" before test driving? ie: put a deposit down, fill out the paperwork, etc? that seems pretty silly for a little ol' subaru.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

My wife and I were in this exact situation the first time we went to a Subaru dealer. It depends on the sales person, ask for someone else. First time we went in, they wouldn't even let us test drive a used STi. Needless to say, we left and a year later we came back and worked with a different sales person who let us take out a new WRX. The dealer did not have any STi's but would have let us test drive one. Long story short...my wife bought a '14 STi sedan and I picked up a WRX hatchback.

Good luck!
    Chris
    '14 WRX Crystal Black/SPT CBE/Cobb Stage I

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sadly, a sales person is the direct reflection of the organization and is capable of making the entire dealership look bad. Lot's of people don't realize that perception is reality to most people. Hell, we just bought a new car and had issues with two dealership. Ford was completely unwilling to work with us and the local Hyundai salesman didn't want to take me on a drive because he said that I wasn't ready to buy a car since I told him we weren't in a rush. We went to the Hyundai in Tampa and actually had a great experience. I'd find another dealer or ask for the sales manager. I think test drives are important. I think they are far more important on a used car than a new car, but still, for a econobox, they should have let you drive it.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    One possibility is to leave them your card, tell them to call when they're serious.

Test drive. Insist.

Buy something else otherwise.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Same thing happened to me when I bought my hatchback. But they allowed me to test drive a used model. I believe it was a 2012. I guess it has to do with the whole break in point with the car.
    2014 WRX | 2013 GLK 350

YOUR WOMAN IS THE REFLECTION OF YOUR INCOME

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast