14' base hatch otd price

This is a discussion on 14' base hatch otd price within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I've read most of the stickies and I don't mean to start a thread that may be in discussion already, ...

14' base hatch otd price

I've read most of the stickies and I don't mean to start a thread that may be in discussion already, but, has anyone negociated with a dealer to get OTD for 25k?

I'd like to hear some of your experiences if you got yours for this price. I know that a base hatch is invoiced around 25k, but I'd like to get the car for this price after licence, tags, tax, fees etc. I understand this would be hard to pull off, but I'm going to be in the market around November, and I'm hoping the 15' models will be implemented so there may be a slight drop in the 14' price???
    Then again the way these cars seem to hold their value, and the fact that the hatch is now being phased out, maybe waiting isn't necessarily the best thing to do?
    I took a trip to my local superstore last weekend and they only had like 4 hatches.

Any help would be appreciated, and sorry if this has already been discussed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Everything that I've read is don't tell the dealer what kind of money you got to put down until after you have gotten the "true final price". Has anyone experienced bluffing with their down payment, got a price, THEN negociated a lower price after revealing that you actually have more to put down?

I always have got the price to where I wanted it and told them no money down then after they get to the number I wanted to see is when say ok I want to put $XXXX money down. I mean they are not going to then go and raise the price of the car or add anything on the price, or if they do then you walk. Its what I have done and it worked for me with the last 3 new cars I have bought.

Fuuuuu that's a really good idea. How long did you have to barter with "no money down" on the table before the dealer came to your level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The separation, is in the preparation.-Russell C Wilson-

Well I went to every dealer within an hour to get prices and see what they had. When I went to the dealer that had the black hatch I wanted it took about 3 hours of negotiating. They kept and they were $500 over what I wanted to pay but got them to include 2 year maintenance for it.

Something else you can do is talk to your bank, find out how much they will give you. Then walk in and tell them your approved for $xxxxx and if they can get you out the door for that price then you will take it home. That's a really fast way to do it. I mean if your banks says they will give you $30000 you tell the dealer out the door for $27000. Gives you a little wiggle room if they can't or won't drop down to your number as much as you want but still want it.

I just purchased a 2014 WRB WRX Sedan with optional SPT Catback, Boost Gauge, and Deck Lid Spolier. I was out the door at 26.5k so if you take off the aftermarket add ons I would have been out the door for around 24.7K. Doesnt hurt that I get employee pricing

I've noticed "OTD" can mean all sorts of things on this site. Some don't include the $795 dest fee. Others don't include the tax.

The figures * really * get muddy when you throw a trade-in on top of it. Someone will say they've gotten their base WRX for what looks like a killer deal, but were low-balled by $2K on their trade.

Always approach the dealer as though you don't have a trade in. Get the price of the new car worked out. Then move on to the price of your trade-in.

I wouldn't go by any price listed in this thread unless the price, trim options, fees are all listed. Taxes aren't important, because you're paying whatever you have to pay in your area. If the deal had a trade in, the vehicle and its trade-in allowance should also be listed. That's the only way to arrive at a true price people are paying. Otherwise, the figures are largely meaningless.

The best suggestion is to shop around by phone. Call up a bunch of dealers and say what you are looking for. In most cases, you won't be able to compare similarly optioned cars (one has the subwoofer, while another has STS and floor mats .. you get the picture).

I made an Excel spreadsheet that listed each car, dealer, offered price and then a highlighted box for each option if the car had it.

Any hatch deal at $500-$650 under invoice is pretty good. Mind you, get this price before you start talking trade-in. If you're looking at a sedan, I'd try to squeeze them for more.

Go into the store and ask for the base model with ALL the options. Then start bargaining down the OTD price to the lowest you can do. This might take a while. Once you feel like you've hit a dead end, then take out all the options. That should land you a pretty low OTD price.