$30,500 for a new base WRX?!?!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on ,500 for a new base WRX?!?! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey, Quick question here... I've been working with my bank to get the money required for a new WRX they ...

$30,500 for a new base WRX?!?!

Hey,

Quick question here... I've been working with my bank to get the money required for a new WRX they wanted to know how much I needed, I called up my local dealer and was given a quote of $30,500 for a dead base 2015 WRX.... This will be the first new car i've ever bought at a dealer so im a little confused... The MSRP on a WRX is $26,295 with a shipping cost of $795 so if my math classes are paying off that is $27,090, are they really allowed to mark something up by $3,410??? Or does this sales guy just think i'm stupid?

Thanks
    Cody

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They can set any price they want, you should be able to get them under msrp if you are persistant, they pay even less than the advertised invoice price. What I would do is go there and ask them to see there invoice and then start negotiating from there. If they dont show you it then you have a dishonest dealer. One time I drove away and the manager called me 30 minutes later with a hell of a deal on a impreza (4k under book).

Ouch. You'd be better off finding another dealer... even finding one out of state and having the car shipped to you for the price that you were quoted. Another possibility to explore is the SOA VIP program. If you're not already eligible to participate in it, there's a number of organizations that do, and you can become a member of one of 'em to get the VIP pricing. The caveat is that dealerships may not include the 2015 WRX...

Best of luck to you.

Is it possible they added in tax, title, etc?

Hey thanks guys for all the information, I'm still a few weeks our from signing anything so I will keep looking around.

Quote Originally Posted by 13WRXlimited View Post
    Is it possible they added in tax, title, etc?
    Oh hmmm maybe I forgot... Dam you taxes... Still that would only be 1624.40 is tax + 100 for reg and title stuff... so 1724.40 that would still be 1685.60 high..

Would I be crazy for thinking I could get a base wrx out the door for 29,000?

Quote Originally Posted by rajien2 View Post
    Would I be crazy for thinking I could get a base wrx out the door for 29,000?
    I was quoted 27,628 for a 2015 that im probably going to jump on.

Just tell them you want to order it, that wont take away from there allotment, you might have to wait 9 weeks but it also should get you better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jtknights_08 View Post
    I was quoted 27,628 for a 2015 that im probably going to jump on.
    Oh great then I will just ask the bank for 29 then. Thanks everyone who jumped in.

Quote Originally Posted by jtknights_08 View Post
    Just tell them you want to order it, that wont take away from there allotment, you might have to wait 9 weeks but it also should get you better deal.
    Oh really yeah thats what I told them in the first place... But thanks for the info.

I would call back or stop in and ask for a break down of that number.

Quote Originally Posted by 13WRXlimited View Post
    I would call back or stop in and ask for a break down of that number.
    Yeah sounds like a plan, I will call in... This dealer is really pushy to deal with in person.. I will post my findings tomorrow.

Best of luck!

If you're a Costco member you get special pricing as well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quioxte View Post
    If you're a Costco member you get special pricing as well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Your kidding right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.