$30,500 for a new base WRX?!?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on ,500 for a new base WRX?!?! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; No. If you're a member, check it out. I think it's basically invoice pricing Sent from my HTC One using ...

No. If you're a member, check it out. I think it's basically invoice pricing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Low Down View Post
    Ouch. You'd be better off finding another dealer... even finding one out of state and having the car shipped to you for the price that you were quoted. Another possibility to explore is the SOA VIP program. If you're not already eligible to participate in it, there's a number of organizations that do, and you can become a member of one of 'em to get the VIP pricing. The caveat is that dealerships may not include the 2015 WRX...

Best of luck to you.
    Cool thanks for the tip on this, I am getting a rally america license here soon and they are a part of the program. However it takes 6 months for this to take effect, but it will be handy when my gf needs a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quioxte View Post
    No. If you're a member, check it out. I think it's basically invoice pricing

Huh, alright well if its just costo. It would be worth getting one as they are only about $50 I think... But how does that work do you walk up to a dealership and say hey i'm a costco member here is my card and you get invoice??

You check with Costco for participating dealerships. I think you can find out from their website. It should be a no haggle price.

When you walk into your dealer it's with the same guy right? Next time try walking in and ask to speak to someone different. People seem to get sucked into speaking with one person, but sometimes you need to find the sales guy who you get on with. If they don't play ball then there is nothing wrong with going to the GM and saying "Look, I seem to be bundled with a salesman I don't like, can you find me someone less (insert issue here)?". The issue could be "too aggressive", "doesn't know much about the car", "not likely to get you a sale", "not someone I seem to get on with" etc. Find the right guy and you're set for life imho - someone who gets you will not only know where you want to be at, but also be willing to work with his manager on your behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quioxte View Post
    Hey thanks! They don't have the 2015 as an option yet... But that might change the WRX is released on the 20th right? I also don't see an place the says you need to be a member for X period of time, but I will call in the morning and check for future people.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    When you walk into your dealer it's with the same guy right? Next time try walking in and ask to speak to someone different. People seem to get sucked into speaking with one person, but sometimes you need to find the sales guy who you get on with. If they don't play ball then there is nothing wrong with going to the GM and saying "Look, I seem to be bundled with a salesman I don't like, can you find me someone less (insert issue here)?". The issue could be "too aggressive", "doesn't know much about the car", "not likely to get you a sale", "not someone I seem to get on with" etc. Find the right guy and you're set for life imho - someone who gets you will not only know where you want to be at, but also be willing to work with his manager on your behalf.
    Hey thanks! I will give that a shot

No problem. You may try to figure out which dealerships are participating, they may be more likely to work on prices with you. Either way, I wouldn't pay 30k for a base wrx.

Hey just wanted to get back to you guys, their is no time requirement for the Costco membership deal however as of yet the 2015 wrx or sti is not an option..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It wouldn't hurt to get the bank to approve you on that price, then shop around look and you can always go cheaper. When I bought my first subaru I was approved $26000 and I found a car I wanted and they were asking $22000. I told them I was only approved for $20000 and that needs to be out the door. They came back and said 21600 out the door and I made a fake call and said the bank only said $21000 and if they can get me out the door for that price I will by it. That had me out the door for that price. But you can get one cheaper for sure just talk them down with money already worked out

Hey thanks for the tip I will give that a shot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You can get special pricing at certain dealerships who offer Costco or AAA rates. But the price you are describing seems high unless they are adding tax, etc. I don't know how much DMV fees and taxes are in Idaho. Anyways, if they are not, I got three dealerships in the Portland area who all offered me prices around Invoice. If you want to buy here, and pay Idaho taxes, DMV fees later, you can always take a trip this way. Let me know if you need the dealerships names.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
    You can get special pricing at certain dealerships who offer Costco or AAA rates. But the price you are describing seems high unless they are adding tax, etc. I don't know how much DMV fees and taxes are in Idaho. Anyways, if they are not, I got three dealerships in the Portland area who all offered me prices around Invoice. If you want to buy here, and pay Idaho taxes, DMV fees later, you can always take a trip this way. Let me know if you need the dealerships names.
    If you could recommend a few dealer that would be great, worst case I can just use their quote to compare.

Thanks
    Cody

Truecar.com

You'll get similar pricing to the costco deal, most likely.

You'll just have to deal with some persistent phone calls/emails from dealerships.

No way I would ever consider a base wrx for the prices you mentioned.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    You might want to take advantage of the power of emails. Find every dealer within a couple of hundred miles and email them. Tell them what you want with detail (color, options, trim level, etc). Also tell them what you want to pay. I would recommend that you find out what their cost is and start there, or a couple hundred on top of it. Let them know you know what they paid for it.

I've done this, and found that the responses varied from those that ignored my numbers and gave me theirs to one's who made offers based on my numbers. In the end I had several dealers offer very good deals, then I went to my closest dealer and showed them the offers. Told them I preferred to stay local, but only if they could match the prices. They did, I stayed local, and most of the haggling was done from my couch.

The key is making sure you know what THEY paid for the car. Knowledge is power. They want to make at least a few hundred, but they get paid for moving product as well.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Quote Originally Posted by rajien2 View Post
    If you could recommend a few dealer that would be great, worst case I can just use their quote to compare.

Thanks
    Cody
    Try royal moore in Hillsborough Oregon, d*(k Hannah in Vancouver Washington, or Gresham Oregon Subaru. All of them were just over or under invoice. Pm me if you have further questions. As others have said, try using email to online sales at various dealerships. That's what I do, while telling them I am shopping around. Like you, they appreciate honesty, and someone who is open. These dealerships I found gave me the best deals when I looked a month ago for all of Washington, Oregon, northern California, and Idaho. Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast