2014 Wrx vs 2015 Wrx? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 Wrx vs 2015 Wrx? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Stunna02 I wonder if the feeling I have is the same feeling that hawkeye owners had when ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stunna02 View Post
    I wonder if the feeling I have is the same feeling that hawkeye owners had when the 08 came out... :/

All this talk about how superior the '15 is really is a debbie downer to someone who just bought his wrx a year ago
    Well, you could always trade in yours if you feel it is so much worse, they hold value quite well.

i will tell subaru to start making the new cars worse than the older Gens for you... IMHO that front end is not my taste at all, I would commit subie-cide if i didnt have any other options. I bet a nice lip or some style mods would make it more apealing tho

Good luck with your amazing ride OP, and post tons of pics when you pick it up!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I wonder if the feeling I have is the same feeling that hawkeye owners had when the 08 came out... :/

All this talk about how superior the '15 is really is a debbie downer to someone who just bought his wrx a year ago
    It's a reality. There will always be newer generations.

You must have known that since Subaru had been using the same motor since 2006 and the same interior/exterior since 2008 that a new model was on its way, right?
    Last edited by zax; 03-12-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATLIF3 View Post
    You may not have an "invoice" yet, but when i bought my subie a few weeks ago we negotiated a price prior to my deposit(500$).
    This is on a new car which hasn't been released yet. It's wise to drop a returnable deposit to hold one then negotiate later if the dealer is not budging on price now.

'08 to '09 you mean - hawkeye owners were probably glad not to get an '08. With the 2013/14 you have a great tried and tested car. You bought it because you liked it a lot, and I am sure that hasn't changed in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    It's a reality. There will always be newer generations.

You must have known that since Subaru had been using the same motor since 2006 and the same interior/exterior since 2008 that a new model was on its way, right?
    Yes.. but there seemed to be controversy with the release of each new model: GC's looked awesome, but there was some big performance gains in the GD's. But alot of people did not like the bug eyes (I did at first as well). And then the difference between the GD/GG to the GE body style looked like subaru was trying to look like a ford focus. That changed with the face lift in '10 and performance bump in '11.

Just feels like everyone's jumping ship and I just got this baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    '08 to '09 you mean - hawkeye owners were probably glad not to get an '08. With the 2013/14 you have a great tried and tested car. You bought it because you liked it a lot, and I am sure that hasn't changed in a year.
    I do like it. Just getting my first buyer's remorse finally almost a year in :-/

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Well resale is still high on the 2014s. If you're that conflicted, sell the car and put it down on a 2015.

On the other hand, you're in a good position to wait a year. If the WRX is all it's cracked up to be, the 2016 would be a good time to buy.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Well resale is still high on the 2014s. If you're that conflicted, sell the car and put it down on a 2015.

On the other hand, you're in a good position to wait a year. If the WRX is all it's cracked up to be, the 2016 would be a good time to buy.
    ^^^This - you're going to have to face up to a newer and better model at some point, so let others find the problems in the 2015 then you can move up to a better car in a year. They'll bump the power in the year after you buy though

Why not wait and see if you will like the car, before ordering it? I can't imagine not driving something before paying 30k for it. Be patient and wait to drive it.

Does anyone know the invoice price for the Limited w/ cvt transmission? I've gotten an offer for $500 below MSRP for the limited.

Personally, I say grab the hatch. But this just my opinion. I've noticed many dealers in my area selling WRX/STI's for great prices while they get ready to stock up on new inventory.

On another note... If you want the newer model I would suggest waiting a year a let others experiment with it a little more. This way you'll get a better idea with what you're working with. As with anything new, it's always good to wait it out!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzly View Post
    Personally, I say grab the hatch. But this just my opinion. I've noticed many dealers in my area selling WRX/STI's for great prices while they get ready to stock up on new inventory.

On another note... If you want the newer model I would suggest waiting a year a let others experiment with it a little more. This way you'll get a better idea with what you're working with. As with anything new, it's always good to wait it out!

Within 2 hours of me (central Ohio), there are still a fair number of '14s on the lot (and that includes hatches). Had I known the pickings would have been this good later in the game, I probably would've waited in hopes of doing a real side-by-side comparison.

That said, there aren't any '15s on the ground here yes, so really getting a side-by-side comparison still isn't in the cards. My main concern is that, when the '15s finally did show up, I still wouldn't be sold and then found myself with slim pickings in available '14 hatches.

I've only had my '14 hatch a month and hearing about all these folks putting down their deposit on the latest and greatest has given me a little twinge of remorse, but hey. Damn, if I don't love the looks of the hatch.

I can't wait to see 'em on the road. Congrats to all who choose the new beastie!

Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
    Within 2 hours of me (central Ohio), there are still a fair number of '14s on the lot (and that includes hatches). Had I known the pickings would have been this good later in the game, I probably would've waited in hopes of doing a real side-by-side comparison.

That said, there aren't any '15s on the ground here yes, so really getting a side-by-side comparison still isn't in the cards. My main concern is that, when the '15s finally did show up, I still wouldn't be sold and then found myself with slim pickings in available '14 hatches.

I've only had my '14 hatch a month and hearing about all these folks putting down their deposit on the latest and greatest has given me a little twinge of remorse, but hey. Damn, if I don't love the looks of the hatch.

I can't wait to see 'em on the road. Congrats to all who choose the new beastie!
    By all means... the hatch is so much sexier. Im actually still waiting to get mine. But the longer I wait the Subaru near me keeps quoting me better and better prices. I'll just have to wait it out a little longer until they match the price I've offered and I'm sold.

You shouldn't feel any remorse at all though. Plenty of people would love to be in your shoes. And the specs aren't that much different IMO. Congrats on the Subie though.

Most of the people saying how superior the 2015 is have not driven one. I am not saying the 2015 is not superior, but the 2014 is a proven model. The 2015 is a whole new car from the ground up and there are always going to be some initial issues to work through the first couple of years.

I really debated 14 vs 15, but I had several concerns:
    - No hatch. The sedan is not a dealbreaker, but I have been craving a hatch again since my Speed3 got wrecked. I have always found hatchbacks to suit my lifestyle better and I was really disapointed to hear Subaru killed off the hatch option.
    - New model. I have been burned in the past buying a brand new model year car. Twice actually. I really try to avoid it when I can. You typically spend more time the first couple years at the dealer getting things fixed/resolved. And while I am sure Subaru will cover these issues, for me it is the time I spend trying to get my car in and fixed.
    - Styling. This is totally subjective but I just did not love the 15 styling vs the 14. I feel that the 15 has lost some of the character of the 14 and while I don't mind the looks of the 15, I think the 14 is more my style. But I have not seen the 15 in person yet, so this opinion could change.
    - Availability. I needed a car sooner than April/May. I could have waited but the WRX has saved my butt many times this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    Most of the people saying how superior the 2015 is have not driven one. I am not saying the 2015 is not superior, but the 2014 is a proven model. The 2015 is a whole new car from the ground up and there are always going to be some initial issues to work through the first couple of years.

I really debated 14 vs 15, but I had several concerns:
    - No hatch. The sedan is not a dealbreaker, but I have been craving a hatch again since my Speed3 got wrecked. I have always found hatchbacks to suit my lifestyle better and I was really disapointed to hear Subaru killed off the hatch option.
    - New model. I have been burned in the past buying a brand new model year car. Twice actually. I really try to avoid it when I can. You typically spend more time the first couple years at the dealer getting things fixed/resolved. And while I am sure Subaru will cover these issues, for me it is the time I spend trying to get my car in and fixed.
    - Styling. This is totally subjective but I just did not love the 15 styling vs the 14. I feel that the 15 has lost some of the character of the 14 and while I don't mind the looks of the 15, I think the 14 is more my style. But I have not seen the 15 in person yet, so this opinion could change.
    - Availability. I needed a car sooner than April/May. I could have waited but the WRX has saved my butt many times this winter.
    Except for 'availability', those were my concerns as well. I didn't need to buy. I just * wanted * to. I was SO close to getting the '15 and my dealer was willing to cut me an under invoice deal on one, too. In the end, I went for the '14 hatch. It was probably more emotional than anything else.

The '15 is a hell of a car. I never make any claim that it isn't. But, man, the rivalry is already starting and those supporting the '15 still have their damn cars sitting on a dock somewhere.

You should see the latest shouting match going on over on NASIOC in regards to the two models. Who cares? The fact that we're all in a position to drop 26-37 large on a fun car is, in my book, pretty cool. Why all the hate?

I'll give a thumbs-up to every '15 Rex driver I see. I hope they'll return the greeting.

BC

P.S. - At the risk of offending, if anyone is considering a sedan, I don't know why they'd opt for the '14. I wonder if any of these will be sitting around for awhile.
    Last edited by zeitgeist; 03-19-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
    Except for 'availability', those were my concerns as well. I didn't need to buy. I just * wanted * to. I was SO close to getting the '15 and my dealer was willing to cut me an under invoice deal on one, too. In the end, I went for the hatch. It was probably more emotional than anything else.

The '15 is a hell of a car. I never make any claim that it isn't. But, man, the rivalry is already starting and those supporting the '15 still have their damn cars sitting on a dock somewhere.

You should see the latest shouting match going on over on NASIOC in regards to the two models. Who cares? The fact that we're all in a position to drop 26-37 large on a fun car is, in my book, pretty cool. Why all the hate?

I'll give a thumbs-up to ever '15 Rex driver I see. I hope they'll return the greeting.

BC
    Yeah, I have seen the comments. I am sure the 15 is a solid car and I don't blame anyone for waiting on them to come out and buy one, but this is what happens prior to a car gets released. People tend to buy into the media and marketing a little too much Heck, I still love seeing the older WRX's on the road and often share a wave. I really don't get the superiority complexes. It is a Subaru

Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    Yeah, I have seen the comments. I am sure the 15 is a solid car and I don't blame anyone for waiting on them to come out and buy one, but this is what happens prior to a car gets released. People tend to buy into the media and marketing a little too much Heck, I still love seeing the older WRX's on the road and often share a wave. I really don't get the superiority complexes. It is a Subaru
    There's nothing wrong with the '14. It's the '15 which resolves the things I personally don't like about the '14 - I want DI and less roll. Naturally I have to drive one first to see if it matches my expectations. For someone who doesn't care, price out and try both then get what works best for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast