2014 Wrx vs 2015 Wrx? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 Wrx vs 2015 Wrx? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Raven Logics How do we know that? Dyno Testing on both the WRX and STI. Not saying ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    How do we know that?
    Dyno Testing on both the WRX and STI. Not saying that can't be remedied though.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The published dyno test? That failed to show the flat torque curve expected from the WRX, and there could have been some user error in there as well. I think we need to see more information before knowing if the figures are indicative of the way the 2015 will be.

The published dyno test? That failed to show the flat torque curve expected from the WRX, and there could have been some user error in there as well. I think we need to see more information before knowing if the figures are indicative of the way the 2015 will be.
    IF those figures are fairly accurate, It's not too surprising. Smaller turbo for quicker spool. I'm impressed with how quick it gets up to speed though.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLovelyZee View Post
    Good morning everyone,

I just signed up to this forum this morning to find out more about the Wrx. I'm coming from a 350z. I'm thinking of purchasing a wrx within the next month or so.

I really like the looks of the 14' hatch. I was thinking about going with the hatch instead of the 15' wrx sedan.

Are there any major differences between the 14' and 15'? What do you guys recommend going with?
    Do you just like the looks of the hatch??? or do you actually need the utility ?? That could be the tipping of the scale 15 or 14 ....
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

The biggest issue for me, aside from looks, is the strength of the new motor. There's a huge list of blown motors on the 86 Forums once boosted, even at lower power levels. I'm hoping we don't see that with this new generation.

Quote Originally Posted by stilletto View Post
    The biggest issue for me, aside from looks, is the strength of the new motor. There's a huge list of blown motors on the 86 Forums once boosted, even at lower power levels. I'm hoping we don't see that with this new generation.

I'm sure Subaru beefed them up properly for the wrx.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

IF those figures are fairly accurate, It's not too surprising. Smaller turbo for quicker spool. I'm impressed with how quick it gets up to speed though.
    It has a twin scroll for quicker spool.

..I'm aware.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Can't tell if serious.

The FA20 in the BRZ/FRS has demonstrated 400whp+ reliably and that's with 13.5:1 CR. The FA20 will prove to be MUCH stronger than the outgoing EJ motors.

Have you forgotten all the blown motors in the WRX and WRX STi even at stock power?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Thank you once again for the replies.

I've decided to go with the 2015 wrx. There are a good amount of improvements (especially mpg) that I think are important to me.

Now I'm curious on how to negotiate on price with a pre-order. Most of the dealerships nearby offer reservations for $500 down. How would I go about negotiating price when invoices don't exist yet?

zax
    From the torque curve, it's evident that the turbo is smaller than the outgoing VF52. There are 3 factors that lead to the blistering fast spool:
    1. Smaller turbo
    2. Twin scroll and ELH
    3. Square bore:stroke

However, this doesn't mean there isn't power to be unlocked with modifications.

Facebook me here

zax

I've decided to go with the 2015 wrx. There are a good amount of improvements (especially mpg) that I think are important to me.

Now I'm curious on how to negotiate on price with a pre-order. Most of the dealerships nearby offer reservations for $500 down. How would I go about negotiating price when invoices don't exist yet?
    Excellent choice. Nearly everything on the 2015 has been improved over the outgoing 2014.

My only quarrel is the extremely low 4.9" of ground clearance. I'll get over it.

Facebook me here

Registered User chrismartin3391's Avatar

Good luck negotiation price.. I searched for 8 months before buying my 2014. A new one will start at like 26 or so i think and increase as you add more goodies to it. A used one with like 40k miles on it will still be at 24k or so for the same model... Thats one reason I chose the Subaru over the Ford ST.. They def def def hold their value.
    RIP Paul. You will be missed

You may not have an "invoice" yet, but when i bought my subie a few weeks ago we negotiated a price prior to my deposit(500$). They needed to take the HID's out(thank goodness) and the previous owner had a slight tint on the front windows. Before i deposited the money for reservation we haggled. You should be able to do the same. they cant ask you to put a deposit on something you are uncomfortable spending that much $ on.

Remember you are in control, Your car, your money, your choice. good luck sir and welcome!

I wonder if the feeling I have is the same feeling that hawkeye owners had when the 08 came out... :/

All this talk about how superior the '15 is really is a debbie downer to someone who just bought his wrx a year ago

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.