How is the 2015 WRX STI? is it worth getting - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on How is the 2015 WRX STI? is it worth getting within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I was impressed with the stock whp numbers on the new wrx!...

I was impressed with the stock whp numbers on the new wrx!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No matter how much you tune the engine, you will experience detonation running too much boost with too high of static compression unless you change fuels. This is another mod. If you could run unlimited boost and unlimited compression everyone just would. Something has to give. BUT, if you change fuel to allow more boost, it stands to reason you need to change fuel for the 2.5 as well to remain a parallel comparison. So hell yeah I can say it. More compression, less boost. To surpass the 2.5, you have to increase boost but to do so it requires modifications that make it no longer "apples and apples".

Unless the 2.0 gets modifications that the 2.5 does not receive, the 2.5 will keep putting out more power.

I am enjoying this discussion.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

How is the 2015 WRX STI? is it worth getting

I'm not following the discussion. Doesn't make sense to me....maybe I'm not understanding it but the EVO had a 2.0 and mod for mod it makes more power then an sti.....as far as I know. Maybe he means it will make more torque...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    I'm not following the discussion. Doesn't make sense to me....maybe I'm not understanding it but the EVO had a 2.0 and mod for mod it makes more power then an sti.....as far as I know. Maybe he means it will make more torque...
    There's no replacement for displacement, brah.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    There's no replacement for displacement, brah.
    Good point.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubaru View Post
    Unless the 2.0 gets modifications that the 2.5 does not receive, the 2.5 will keep putting out more power.
    This video has been referenced many times in this type of discussion. Important info relevant to this topics starts at 2:24

"This particular engine is much stronger than the EJ motor. Really likes to make power. The same turbo we put on this engine, on an STI we can make like 360hp, on this motor it made 430hp. Same turbo, smaller motor. The FA motor really likes to make power"

When you have people like Crawford saying things like that you might want to take notice.

GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Please keep the convo going. My noob a$$ is learning a lot!

Also, quite an entertaining pissing contest

We were talking the viability of one vehicle vs another for modification purposes. You can't do something to one and not the other. We're not discussing the cheaper method to end up at the result. You can't match the output of the bigger engine without modifying it. You can go ahead and spend the $10,000 vehicle purchase difference on engine parts for the 2.0 and I'm sure it will stomp the stock 2.5. But we're not discussing a horsepower output difference, we're talking about the viability of one vehicle vs another for the purposes of modification.

Great, you're stoked for your 2.0-litre, and you can modify it to beat a stock STi. Be honest, the $8k price difference between vehicles will get eaten up pretty damn fast when you equip that WRX to be equivallent. You can't really think that you can SURPASS the STi without modifying it, but when you drop that budget into the WRX the same budget will make the original STi exceed your modified WRX.

SO again, it's a chicken and the egg comparison. HOWEVER, you get more to start with from a base STi than a base WRX so despite your engine technologies, PLATFORM really refers to the vehicle as a whole. You can swap the 2.5 into the WRX and the 2.0 into the STi and the STi wins all day long(if what you claim is true). But despite your "superior" engine (as you call it) the platform is still less capable.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Now you are circling. Define "platform?" The chassis between the two cars is the same, so if you're discussing swapping engines, transmissions, etc, wouldn't the better platform be the cheaper of the two??

Also, as others have mentioned, mod for mod the FA20 makes more power. How are you not understanding this??
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

His sideways flat brimmed monster hat must be too tight.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.