Looking for a WRX opinions please (I'm still researching as well)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking for a WRX opinions please (I'm still researching as well) within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Well I was crazy about a 04 wrx but my bank refuses to loan out on anything older than an ...

Looking for a WRX opinions please (I'm still researching as well)

Well I was crazy about a 04 wrx but my bank refuses to loan out on anything older than an 05/06... I found a 06 wrx 129k miles on it

"i have a 2006 subaru wrx with 129300 miles. i am getting rid of to upgrade to a new subaru it has cobb down pipe and exhaust other that that it is stock has tinted windows"

I should note subarus are kind of hard to find in my rural area. I think I may try and go see it tomorrow. I asked about the timing belt and he said when he bought it from the dealership it said on the carfax it was done around 117k (something I can easily check out myself)

Anything better or worse about this year? ok sorry I'm off to research I just wanted some quick info from you guys that I may miss...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any link to it?

Ask the guy if it has any tune for that downpipe...

Newer is generally better...but it all depends on the maintenance and history of the car. You get the 2.5L over the 2.0L which has better torque down low and you also get a little bit better brakes with the 4/2 pots.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

link was what I showed you I contacted the number that was also on the page and talked more to him

EDIT: He said he bought it that way but was told the guy had tuned it but had taken the accessport out of the car he purchased it from a dealership

MTM
    2006 has the 2.5

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    link was what I showed you I contacted the number that was also on the page and talked more to him

EDIT: He said he bought it that way but was told the guy had tuned it but had taken the accessport out of the car he purchased it from a dealership
    The device is married to the car, it cannot be used on another car at once. So if the device is gone, expect the tune to be gone also. Either way it's a modified car. I prefer stock cars.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    2006 has the 2.5

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

from wiki.. "2.5-liter engines were offered in the WRX and WRX STI models. STI models featured a more powerful 2.5-liter turbocharged engine. WRX models from featured a 2.0-liter boxer engine until 2005, after which they switched to the 2.5-liter turbocharged engine." so seems like it. are the trannies any stronger?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    so seems like it. are the trannies any stronger?
    No, same gear set as 2003-2005. In fact, in many ways more prone to failure. 1. A reduction in f/d from 3.9:1 to 3.7:1 and 2. More torque from the displacement bump
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

so without the acessport that means the tune is gone and after a good 10k of driving it with the exhaust it's probably about fried? (from what I've been reading anyways...)

If it's made it that many miles isn't there a chance the guy took the ap off and didn't unmarry it correctly so the tune is still there. Would there be a CEL or anything that would tell ? Rough idling/driving or anything I planned to go look at it today but if he's driven it this much then chances are it'd already have been popped correct?

Is it common for banks to not loan out money for older cars? If not, there are certainly other banks or credit unions which would like to make some interest income. Maybe... Get a new bank? Then you can find an older, cheaper car. However, it'll still be tricky finding a clean one
    David - '05 WRX

I have zero credit (not bad credit just NO credit) I always bought from buy-here pay-here places that never report to the federal credit places.

The bank is actually financing me on 1k down on anything 06 (some 05's will apply) and newer vehicles. I am limited to around the 10k range by choice because of payments.

But no co-signer and normal interest rates... let's just say I know the right person at the bank..

anyways mazda offered to finance me today on a certified used 3 or a new car due to some kind of "new buyer program" I declined only because they didn't have a 3 hatch (nonspeed).

Unfortunately it looks like I wont be in a wrx afterall.. maybe some day but not now lol.. I'm going to test drive a (please dont hurt me) 05 350z touring model tomorrow 6-speed 86k miles... and it is sitting by the FIRST wrx I wanted (04 model)

I've been on sale sites and looked at almost all the lots I could find within a 100mile radius the last couple of days and only found a 2013 wrx 7000 miles for 26k asking price... lol I wish.

You could tell if it still has a tune by datalogging. Either you could datalog a drive (a $10 vag com cable and romraider has worked well for me), or maybe the installed access port would get in the way of open source logging... Someone else will need to chime in. Also, if it has a boost gauge, do a full throttle acceleration in 3rd gear and watch for the highest number that you get for boost. You may be able to figure some things out about its current tune during a test drive.

Finally, if it does not have a tune, there are plenty of tuning options, we even have a vendor on clubwrx who may be able to help you e-tune. If you want some more professional opinions about tuning, give wtf Tuning a pm about the car, (the 06).
    David - '05 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
    You could tell if it still has a tune by datalogging. Either you could datalog a drive (a $10 vag com cable and romraider has worked well for me), or maybe the installed access port would get in the way of open source logging... Someone else will need to chime in. Also, if it has a boost gauge, do a full throttle acceleration in 3rd gear and watch for the highest number that you get for boost. You may be able to figure some things out about its current tune during a test drive.

Finally, if it has not tune, there are plenty of tuning options, we even have a vendor on clubwrx who may be able to help you e-tune.
    I talked to the guy today about it and this is what response i got.

"I checked it because I was going to buy an accessport for it and the tune is still in the car that is the weird thing" I asked how he found out and he said his tuner put it on a computer.

even if it wasn't tuned I was under the impression the engine would basically be ruined rather quickly so it's scared me away from the car... I like it but I can't risk it... otherwise i'd have no problem buying it and taking it to a local tuner

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.