Post your deals thread!

This is a discussion on Post your deals thread! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I'm currently selling my car and am in the market for a Subi. Most likely I'm getting a WRX for ...

Post your deals thread!

I'm currently selling my car and am in the market for a Subi. Most likely I'm getting a WRX for financial reasons, but I wanted to see what everyone was paying for their cars OTD. Please post with your trim (STIs too please) and what you paid OTD! Also your haggling techniques and how to get more money on a trade in Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just picked mine up on 2/15/2014

DGM Limited Hatch
    STS
    Cargo Tray
    Cargo Nets (rear seat and rear vertical)
    All-Weather Floor Mats
    Center Armrest
    Wheel Locks

$28,265
    + $250 doc fee
    ------------------
    $28,515

State additions:

$33.50 license/reg (love to know why I have to pay reg when I am going to reuse tags)
    $2,157 taxes (thank you, Franklin County - bastards)
    ------------------
    $30,705 OTD

The dealer also found me 1.9% financing.

Just for the heck of it, I've been watching the inventories of the Ohio dealers since my purchase. I don't know what the hell just happened, but, as of yesterday, a bunch of the dealers in my state just had a lot of WRXs show up on their 'in transit' inventory.

I never trade in a car. If you decide to do so, first lock in final cost of the new car and * then * say you are considering a trade-in. The water gets * way * too muddy when the dealer has both as variables.

I never haggle much, either. I secure a deal before I ever enter the showroom. I called dealers within a two-hour radius. Two had the exact color/trim I wanted. Once would deal on the hatch, the other would not.

If you're looking for a 2014 sedan and are flexible on color/trim, you might want to wait a bit. There is a chance available hatches might thin out (except for the big allocation that just hit our state), but I don't see any reason buying a 2014 sedan over the 2015 unless you can get a killer deal.
    Last edited by zeitgeist; 02-20-2014 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
    $2,157 taxes (thank you, Franklin County - bastards)
    The irony is that those taxes are paying the wages of the guy who will give you your first WRX speeding ticket

Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
    Just picked mine up on 2/15/2014
    I never trade in a car. If you decide to do so, first lock in final cost of the new car and * then * say you are considering a trade-in. The water gets * way * too muddy when the dealer has both as variables.
    ^ This is solid advice for any car purchase. Break it all out and don't give into them throwing everything together. Take it a step at a time and you'll walk away happy. I know I did.