Potential first time owner looking at 2 different 04 wrx's Opinions appreciated.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Potential first time owner looking at 2 different 04 wrx's Opinions appreciated. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; well I'm in the market for a new (to me) car. I'll start this by saying I'm about to be ...

Potential first time owner looking at 2 different 04 wrx's Opinions appreciated.

well I'm in the market for a new (to me) car. I'll start this by saying I'm about to be 23 and I do have a lot of respect for quicker cars. Granted the only "quick" car I've owned doesn't count for much I've just had a couple VR6 vw's and a list of other normal vehicles.

Anyways I also have no credit history due to always using the "Buy-here pay-here" Places so this will be my first real big loan and I am in talks with a bank where I happen to know the right people willing to give me a chance.. so my finances are not to the point where I can go spend 15-30k on a nicer newer one.

Anyways about the cars

Car number one (grey) 2004 Wrx 103k miles. All I checked out and noticed on it was aftermarket radio shift knob and steering wheel. I honestly never popped the hood but can go back and check it out. it does have a cracked windshield. asking price online was 9900 but I saw another add saying 9000 this was a new car trade in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00B0B_4YbZNUWLAqP_600x450.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	135945

the second one (red) 2004 Wrx 119k miles. Here are the things I see. which will be obvious to you guys. Aem intake, sti intercooler, (I think sti scoop) some kind of exhaust, aftermarket (curb rash) wheels. it has a cel from a wastegate code but it has a manual boost controller. The only differences on options that I noticed was the silver one has heated seats and a sunroof.

Name:	1661117_678379772205505_248694137_n.jpg 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	135953

Name:	1625645_678379708872178_1649199165_n.jpg 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	135961

Name:	1798367_678379078872241_634674465_n.jpg 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	135969

Name:	1800300_678378858872263_1651214104_n.jpg 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	135977

Name:	1800437_678378758872273_493705463_n.jpg 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	135985

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    stay away from the 2nd one. the first one (assuming it's stock mechanically & has maintenance records) would be a better choice.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I doubt the first one has any maintenance records but I can go back and check. The badly cracked windshield kind of concerns me since I saw no rock chips or anything.. Possible to bottom out hard and bust it?

I'm assuming I should stay away from the red one because it's been modded by the p/o and has most likely been abused??

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    the windshield wouldnt bother me to be honest. its more than likely from rocks. i dont think i've ever heard of anyone bottoming out & cracking it

and yes. modded subarus are definitely something to stay away from. subies are extremely picky when it comes to modifications and if not done right, it could cause a lot of damage. it's better to be safe than sorry :]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I agree to stay away from the modded one. Modded equals beat on usually and will give you problems. I just bought my 2004 wrx (no mods) and it's given me no problems. Had about 150,000 well maintained miles. Spent way less than 5k on it

I do agree.. but.. that red... haha.. It's also nice having all that money in the intake/exhaust already done to it. If I buy the silver one (assuming it's even stock) It'll stay that way for the next couple of years until I have extra money to throw at it. but maybe that's a good thing... I'll go check it out more tomorrow or tuesday

Don't get me wrong the red one is hot! I just would be weary is all. Happy shopping. You're going to love it either way!

lol well with 36 month loan.. if I bought the modded one and it broke down within the next few months.. it's safe to say I'd be paying on a lawn ornament and driving my 96 jeep cherokee beater for awhile until I could save money to fix it.. but I think this is one of those cars.. I'll not care to dump money into *My 95 gti vr6 had to rust out before I gave up on it* which still makes me sick

Yeah I just recently gave up my 97 Legacy GT because the rust had gotten out of hand. But I think you are right, you won't mind putting money into it. It's just one of those kind of cars.

I honestly hate silver cars unless it's a darker charcoal color. but.. looking at them it does have a good 15k less miles.. heated seats.. sunroof... (possibly stock I need to go check it out fully) and... a lot less attention from cops than a shiny red one.

The satisfaction of modding it yourself is also nice.

At least that way you will know it was done right. And the way you want it. Mine is silver, and it's OK, but too common, IMO. Definitely helps shield your gaze from Johnny Law, lol. Which will def make a difference because these things go from zero to illegal very quickly!

heck around here it being a wrx makes it stand out plenty. now I wish it wasn't Sunday I want to go check out the silver one so bad now. All I really did was see it from the outside. It was at the back of a GMC dealership. It's a new car trade in so where i went out no one rushed to make a sale. Now I'll go in I -hope- tomorrow after work (I work nights)

Where I live Subies are very common, of course having a WRX at least sets you apart some, but in NY winters they are the car to have! Mine was a new car trade in as well. Hope you get to it soon! I would think if they are scarce where you live that there could be others wanting to look at it too. Sucks to have to wait!

Where do you live?
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

I'll PM you due to people seeing posts and trying to buy out from under me in the past lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.