would resale value be good even after a minor hit shown on carfax?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on would resale value be good even after a minor hit shown on carfax? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I'm defiantly considering a 2015 or 16 wrx if i wait that long. I just have questions though since im ...

would resale value be good even after a minor hit shown on carfax?

I'm defiantly considering a 2015 or 16 wrx if i wait that long. I just have questions though since im still in the "researching" stage to buying a car. This will be my first wrx and my brother has been telling me to rent a AWD 300C since lease it cheap when leasing IMO is a waste of money. I told him about the wrx and he doesnt have much knowledge about cars and probably doesnt think it's a good car for its price. Anyways he's leasing his paying about 9 grand his 3 year lease. I'm more interested in the wrx because of its looks, how its turbo charged, im just so into it. The resale is so good that even if i plan to drive it for 3 years i might lose about 4-5 grand keeping it in good condition. I dont plan on modding it maybe an intake but I'm planning on selling it after maybe 3-4 years and trading/selling it and getting a newer model wrx or even STI. My brother has been telling me "what if you get into a car accident? your carfax will show it and it wont be worth as much". Will a minor hit hurt my selling price even if it has a clean title? and if it's a bad hit it will just get totaled and the insurance will just give me money for what its worth. Since it's hard to find a USED wrx in the state of Michigan i dont' think selling the car with a small hit would be a problem. What are your opinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    So... what's the question?

Any given item's value is only what people are willing to pay for it. You know your local region better than we do, so judge for yourself and apply the NADA guide values for your area.

In my mind, playing "what if" scenarios on car resale values is an exercise in futility. If the car is right for you, buy it, drive it, and love it. Why are you already planning on trading in a car you haven't even bought yet?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    So... what's the question?

Any given item's value is only what people are willing to pay for it. You know your local region better than we do, so judge for yourself and apply the NADA guide values for your area.

In my mind, playing "what if" scenarios on car resale values is an exercise in futility. If the car is right for you, buy it, drive it, and love it. Why are you already planning on trading in a car you haven't even bought yet?
    well first i wanted to lease it to have a new car every 3 years. But leasing will cost about 13grand for 3 years when it looks like it would be cheaper just to buy and sell it in another 3 or 4 years then get another wrx or maybe even sti. i dont drive much either so i wont put many miles on it. But the real question is, if the car gets into a minor accident and it has a clean title, you think that there would be a big selling price difference when i tried to sell it?
    Last edited by FrozenMango; 02-01-2014 at 07:10 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Again, I can't speculate on what people in your area are willing to pay, but I can tell you that given the choice between a clean, no-accident vehicle, and one that's had bodywork done, I'd pick the clean one.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

A lot depends on the type of accident (minor can be ignored sometimes), the quality of repair (varies) and the time when it was done (the more historical it is the less relevant). If your car purchase relies on not having an accident you might want to consider something cheaper (used would be best), but otherwise just buy it, enjoy, and if something happens then shrug your shoulders and move on.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.