Need opinions on 2011 WRX purchase!

This is a discussion on Need opinions on 2011 WRX purchase! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys new member here! I have been looking to upgrade my car with something with 4 doors, more space, ...

Exclamation Need opinions on 2011 WRX purchase!

Hey guys new member here!

I have been looking to upgrade my car with something with 4 doors, more space, AWD, and newer. I came across this very clean 2011 WRX sedan with 47,218 miles on it, 2 owners and asking $22,387. It looks all stock and seems to be taken pretty good care of.

As far as price, what do you think about it? To high? Just right?

And what are the main ares I should be checking while looking at it/test driving it?

Here is the link to the ad, please check it out.

Cars for Sale: 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan in Wickliffe, OH 44092: Sedan Details - 363244542 - AutoTrader.com

Thanks for all your help!

-Swayde3

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I find the use of the word "creampuff" to somehow describe a... car rather than a choux à la crème disturbing. Other than that, the ad says nothing useful. However, the wording of the ad, what it does say, and what it doesn't say is quite telling I suppose.

What is the price out the door of a 2014 or 2015 model in your area? Consider that as a % of this asking price.

For info on how to buy see all the sticky threads in this forum:
    Car Purchasing Forum

There are six (6) sticky threads to read.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I picked up the EXACT car in toledo for Just under that price but mine had 38k miles on it. I considered mine a steal so i would think this is a fairly good price. For obvious reasons, haggle with the price as much as you possibly can! other than that, it's around what you'll be finding the same car in similar condition around this area. I'm from Columbus FYI. But like SD_GR said this add shows nothing as to the previous ownership of the vehicle. If this car was modded almost everyone on here will tell you not to buy a previously modded car because you just have no idea whether they did it correctly or not, or whether you are buying someone's basket case.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Let me further note that there is an SPT sticker on each side. This may indicate that it was previously modded. Also if this was a Cleveland area car check the underside for rust and signs of weather related ware. North east Ohio gets some pretty nasty winters, which I'm sure you already know.

EDIT: it also has slotted rotors, which is not stock if you didn't know. Maybe more signs of modding.

EDIT 2: Check out what KBB and NADA has to say about the value of this exact car. NADA is more appropriate, but if you are serious about buying don't bring it up to the salesman because they don't give a rats ass about KBB or NADA. They only care about making the most money they can out of you.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I noted a Subaru certified pre-owned limited warranty for powertrain, any other warranty specifics ???? Might want to check that out and ensure the dealer has your back.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker