Buying a new WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Buying a new WRX within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hows it going guys I have a question for you all basically wanting your opinion. I went to go test ...

Buying a new WRX

Hows it going guys I have a question for you all basically wanting your opinion. I went to go test drive a new 2014 hatch that I'm looking to purchase in the spring. How ever when I went to the dealership as I was driving the car I was talking to the salesman who was telling me that I was going to have a hard time finding a wrx especially the one I wanted( a base model white pearl one) he said that they are getting their last shipment of 2014's this month and after that thats it because of the release of the 2015. This normally wouldn't be a problem but I don't like the 2015 and suburu's not making a hatchback but thats another discussion in its own.

so what do you think? was he being truthful or should I have no problem finding what I want?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You'll only know once you start searching for a car to buy. But he was mostly right. AFAIK they have stopped taking new orders. The 2015 hits dealerships in April. So if you do find a 2014 it would be either used or something that has been on the lot for a while(unlikely).
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2014s will be harder to find...the new ones are supposed to start shipping in March/April.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

If you want a brand new 2014, I would suggest buying it ASAP.

I'm deciding between a '14 hatch and a new '15. (I don't see any reason to buy a '14 sedan) As others have said, the longer you wait, the slimmer the pickings.

Oddly enough, though, when I started my search about a month ago, I couldn't find what I wanted (a DGM Limited hatch) in within 500 miles. Now, just within the last week, two dealers within 120 miles both received one. Prior to that, I got all sorts of answers.

One dealer told me there were no DGM Limited hatches coming in the tri-state area. EVER. (Then two showed up at other dealers)

Another dealer told me they weren't getting any more hatches at all. "End of the road", he said.

Another dealer said that all the hatches they were scheduled to receive in February (three) were already spoken for.

If you're choosy about your hatch trim level and color, call around. I'll bet I called 10 dealers. Some I called back a few weeks later. Don't rely on what shows up on their site's inventory; give 'em a call.

Almost every dealer has told me they don't trade WRXs often, but one of the guys who told me that had a new trade on their lot a week later.

I really wanted to wait to buy a '14 until I had a chance to at least * sit * in a '15 and make some sort of an informed decision, but I don't think I'm going to get that chance.

All of that said, look for the thread from Clayton. If you're willing to wait, I think he can still order you exactly what you want until the end of this month.

thanks guys I really appreciate the input but unfortunately im going to have to wait until mid spring to early summer to go ahead and purchase the car. I guess i'm just going to have to take my chances and wait.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.