WRX good 'first' car? (NOT a teen) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX good 'first' car? (NOT a teen) within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Deevs Nice, you can search on Google! So by your standards, I should have totaled my car ...

Quote Originally Posted by Deevs View Post
    Nice, you can search on Google! So by your standards, I should have totaled my car already? Well, bad news for you! It didn't happen! Anyways, I'm done here, not going to overtake this thread to some arguable non-sense.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Butthurt over a comment that wasn't even derogatory towards you? Wow.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Butthurt over a comment that wasn't even derogatory towards you? Wow.
    :n0 oowiii so butthurt , haha ya'll still arguing about this? Amazing!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Deevs View Post
    :n0 oowiii so butthurt , haha ya'll still arguing about this? Amazing!

I could buy either new or used (2-3 years old max). Problem is that people usually hold onto them. Like I said, money isnt necessarily an issue. I havent looked into what's best yet.

Do I trust myself? Yes. I just wanted a second opinion. Sometimes we get ahead of ourselves.. Anyway, I know someone with one so they can definitely help me out.

My first vehicle was a 1985 Mercedes 190 diesel. Then a 93 Ford Explorer, then a 02 Honda accord. Finally when I turned 20 I purchased an 05 WRX. Loved it so Much that I traded it in for an 07 STI two years later. I think if you are responsible and have a healthy respect for vehicle it will be a great vehicle for you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoop View Post
    I could buy either new or used (2-3 years old max). Problem is that people usually hold onto them. Like I said, money isnt necessarily an issue. I havent looked into what's best yet.

Do I trust myself? Yes. I just wanted a second opinion. Sometimes we get ahead of ourselves.. Anyway, I know someone with one so they can definitely help me out.
    If you want one used that is not modded.....those would be the hard ones to find.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Aside from age vs. car, the WRX is a very competent car. The hatch also has plenty of space. Both versions can seat 5. Roof racks are readily available. It's VERY short on towing capacity. It's a bit more maintenance intensive then most other cars. It positively requires tires to be evenly worn, so a sidewall damage on a fairly worn set makes for expensive replacement since all 4 are needed.
    Just read up. There are some drawbacks, but the car is a nice and after all pretty reliable one. You might also take into account that it might make you spoiled when looking for other cars later down the road...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    You might also take into account that it might make you spoiled when looking for other cars later down the road...
    I disagree with that. Although I enjoyed driving my WRX, I much prefer my OBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I disagree with that. Although I enjoyed driving my WRX, I much prefer my OBS.
    Good for you! And that's not meant to be negative in any way, shape or form. I understand you had some problems... For me the WRX is the best car I've had. It got the go and handling I wanted. Everything else (and there's been a good number of them) was either too darn thirsty, didn't move or had lousy handling. Or any combination of that. The WRX only can NOT tow my camping trailer. For that I have the Ram.

Good for you! And that's not meant to be negative in any way, shape or form. I understand you had some problems... For me the WRX is the best car I've had. It got the go and handling I wanted. Everything else (and there's been a good number of them) was either too darn thirsty, didn't move or had lousy handling. Or any combination of that. The WRX only can NOT tow my camping trailer. For that I have the Ram.
    Yes. I remember when I got my 05 WRX. It was like a dream come true ... Great vehicle. I put 65k on it (stage 2) in just over two years. I then traded it in on an 07 sti. Great vehicles. So many people underestimate them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Best is a subjective term. Why is something the best? Is it the most fun? The most reliable? The best looking? I loved my WRX and poured a lot of money, work and heart into making it mine. I miss it, but honestly, I like money more than my WRX. lol

Of course it is subjective, that's why it has the qualifier "for me" in there...

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I think the fact that the OP is asking if this is a good first car shows that he is cautious, humble, and mature and could very well drive a WRX safely. ..or he's just a weenie and will get pancaked in traffic.

Either way they're not rocket ships. A stock bugeye could be outrun by a 2.5 Altima. They're also rather predictable when it comes to traction and steering. OP, yes, it is a good first car for you. Though, it may be a little more involved in the learning process than a FWD auto trans 98 Civic.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    A stock bugeye could be outrun by a 2.5 Altima. .
    A 3.5 Altima, sure. A 2.5? Having rented plenty of Altima's, and owned two bugeyes that started stock, I'm going to go with "no". Even the new ones trap something like 89 mph in the quarter, when I looked it up.

But I do agree with most of what you're saying, there.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Well I'm a fan of pancakes, just not that kind. I'm glad most agree.. that I'm a weenie :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.