How cheap can I lease a WRX for?

This is a discussion on How cheap can I lease a WRX for? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So I've been looking into the wrx lease now and it says 300 payment with 2000 down. That is a ...

How cheap can I lease a WRX for?

So I've been looking into the wrx lease now and it says 300 payment with 2000 down. That is a bit out of my price range..she's anyone think in anyway possible I could push this payment s closer to around 270?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If $30/month is gonna make it or break it, you can't afford the car... Have you looked into insurance costs and fuel costs?

I Support ClubWRX
    If there is even a remote possibility it is out of your comfortably affordable range, don't do it. It's only a car.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    If there is even a remote possibility it is out of your comfortably affordable range, don't do it. It's only a car.
    Looks like hyundai veloster turbo it is...

I Support ClubWRX
    Good choice. Going into a dealership with the statement "I can afford this much $ a month" is an invitation to let the sales staff take advantage of you. I recall reading that in a "confessions of an car salesman" article. Buying is cheaper in the long run versus leasing.

Negotiate on a price for the new (or new to you) car first, then a trade in if applicable, and finally financing. If you are able to secure competitive financing elsewhere, that is one more part of the buying process to haggle on. Remember you are in control. Be prepared to walk away is you are not happy with the deal.

Good luck.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

My lease on a 2014 base hatch with short shifter was $281 per month including sales tax (only 2.9% where I live) with $2,000 down out the door. 42 month lease with 10k miles per year.

Almost everything on a lease is negotiable including the capital cost which is usually MSRP unless you negotiate it down. Things like security deposit, money factor, length of lease, miles per year and residual are all negotiable.

Keep hammering at them until you get what you want or head to another dealer. As quick as you can get the sales manager or whomever makes the decisions at the table with you. The salesman has no authority to make the real decisions.
    2014 Crazy Cart
    2014 WRX 5 door base model
    2013 5/8ths scale Lotus 7 http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/sc...brary/Baby%207
    2011 Ram 1500
    2004 Caterham 7 SV http://www.britishv8.org/Other/SkipCannon.htm
    1992 Mazda Miata

that is a horrible lease.. I sell cars, a 42 month lease is the worst thing I have ever heard of.

What is so horrible about it?
    2014 Crazy Cart
    2014 WRX 5 door base model
    2013 5/8ths scale Lotus 7 http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/sc...brary/Baby%207
    2011 Ram 1500
    2004 Caterham 7 SV http://www.britishv8.org/Other/SkipCannon.htm
    1992 Mazda Miata

I Support ClubWRX
    The OP was going to pay $300 per month for 42 months, plus $2000 up front. That is $14,600 plus whatever taxes, fees, etc. for a car retailing at, what?, $25K or so? During that time the OP will be charged for any distance driven over 10K per year.

I can't think of anything positive toward the OP with that arrangement.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

With halfway good credit, you can easily find a lightly used one for far less than that.
    '11 WRX DGM

i got this car and my insurance doubled... legit doubled

bricks were shat lol

Quote Originally Posted by B MAN View Post
    i got this car and my insurance doubled... legit doubled

bricks were shat lol
    What car did you come from? Mine dropped 15 dollars when I switched to my wagon from a KIA two door.
    '11 WRX DGM

honda civic 8-)

my insurance also dropped $15 and i came from a civic si

Ok so I went and talked numbers on the veloster turbo and they want 265 a month with 1800 cash down. What do you guys think? I'm also thinking of looking at the frs.