Buying a 2014 WRX at the end of next year?

This is a discussion on Buying a 2014 WRX at the end of next year? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So I can get a family discount on the wrx of 5% off the sticker price I believe and I ...

Buying a 2014 WRX at the end of next year?

So I can get a family discount on the wrx of 5% off the sticker price I believe and I was curious if buying a car at the end of the year is a good idea since Subaru will want to sell em fast(er) so they have room for the '15s and will hopefully have some type of incentive like 0 down 0% interest or something similar or does Subaru not do that for the wrx at the end of the year? If not then I'll just buy one in a couple months lol
    Last edited by Justanothername; 12-18-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    So I can get a family discount on the wrx of 5% off the sticker price I believe and I was curious if buying a car at the end of the year is a good idea since Subaru will want to sell em fast(er) so they have room for the '15s and will hopefully have some type of incentive like 0 down 0% interest or something similar or does Subaru not do that for the wrx at the end of the year? If not then I'll just buy one in a couple months lol
    I've only been looking for a month, but I'll give you my thoughts on the matter. You also don't mention which style you're looking for, which, in my recent experience, may make a big difference in when you decide.

Since my company is in the often-mentioned "VIP Program" with Subaru, I supposedly can pay 2% under invoice for the WRX of my choice. I say "supposedly" because dealers don't have to honor the program. My local dealer has two Limited DGMs coming in in the middle of January (one sedan and one hatch) and he'll honor the 2% under for the sedan, but not the hatch.

If I'm willing to drive 100 or so miles, I have my choice of a few Premium hatches at the 2% under deal, but I can't find a Limited no-nav hatch in DGM or WRB within that area. Another dealer has five cars coming in in January and all the hatches are spoken for.

The "no 2015 hatch" news is probably having an effect, with customers deciding to grab one while they can. More in demand=dealer less willing to bargain.

In the end, there might be a few remaining on the lot, but then you get stuck with the wrong color and undesirable options.

I think right now, the only Subie financing incentive is 1.99%, but that will only be available to those with excellent credit. My dealer thinks he might be able to beat that with a competing bank.

Good luck. I'm really on the fence about a purchase because I cannot find exactly what I want.
    Last edited by zeitgeist; 12-19-2013 at 05:14 AM.

They are most likely making ready to clear out 2014 inventory, however the wrx isn't usually included in that push to clear inventory. Most dealers only carry a few wrx/sti compared to dozens of outbacks, foresters, etc.. From what I've experienced, Subaru doesn't have many incentives, especially on wrx/sti. someone will eventually buy it.

Ahh
    Last edited by Justanothername; 12-19-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.