Never buy a used WRX? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Never buy a used WRX? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I know a guy who bought an STI new, drove it for like a year and a half, and sold ...

I know a guy who bought an STI new, drove it for like a year and a half, and sold it for $3,000 less than he bought it for. If you're a math expert, you'll notice that that comes out to something like $170/mo. Not a bad car payment for a brand new STI!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bought my 2011 wrx with 38k on the clock. When bought i payed 24k flat. I understand when ppl say well why not buy new? But my response is i bought mine with atleast $10,000 worth of mods to it. So do the math there. I think i made off pretty good. Its been four months and i ran into one issue. I overboosted once and hit fuel cut. But i just re-flashed the car on the spot and have been good ever since. Its all on how you look at it.
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.

I've been told on here to stay away from heavy modded cars lol
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Generally speaking, yes. However subiesaurus got "lucky" from the sounds of it. I personally would never buy high modded, and i would almost hate selling a high modded because is gonna scare away A LOT of potential buyers. I'd rather strip it, put it back stock, remove the tune and sell everything separate

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm torn between two cars that are currently sitting on a west coast dock.

Both are Limited. One is a DGM sedan while the other is a WRB hatch.

I can remove options that don't suit me (illumination, subwoofer, HomeLink) and add those that do (STS, mat, tray, wheel locks, non-HomeLink mirror and extended armrest). Both cars are, essentially the same price OTD.

My head says DGM sedan, but my heart says WRB hatch. Where the *&^$%# are the DRG Limited hatches???

As a side note. Edmunds.com (not subaru.com) mentions a few other available items, including an STI Trans Crossmember Bushing Kit and an STI Transmission Mount. Are these items I should add?

Keep in mind that I have no plans to make any mods (shift bushings or otherwise) until I am outside of the warranty.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

BC

Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
    I'm torn between two cars that are currently sitting on a west coast dock.

Both are Limited. One is a DGM sedan while the other is a WRB hatch.

I can remove options that don't suit me (illumination, subwoofer, HomeLink) and add those that do (STS, mat, tray, wheel locks, non-HomeLink mirror and extended armrest). Both cars are, essentially the same price OTD.

My head says DGM sedan, but my heart says WRB hatch. Where the *&^$%# are the DRG Limited hatches???

As a side note. Edmunds.com (not subaru.com) mentions a few other available items, including an STI Trans Crossmember Bushing Kit and an STI Transmission Mount. Are these items I should add?

Keep in mind that I have no plans to make any mods (shift bushings or otherwise) until I am outside of the warranty.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

BC
    You should start your own thread. You'll get a lot more feedback that way.

Sent via sorcery
    2002 OBP WRX - Stage II - "Black Betty"
    1987 Subaru GL Wagon - Stock - "Mr. Ratburn" - SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
    Keep in mind that I have no plans to make any mods

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123