06sti. Tell me what you think

This is a discussion on 06sti. Tell me what you think within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; 2006 Subaru WRX STI *STOCK* I'm going to be buying this STI this weekend and I wanted to have a ...

06sti. Tell me what you think

2006 Subaru WRX STI *STOCK*

I'm going to be buying this STI this weekend and I wanted to have a little more insight on what this community thinks.
    I've been reading on these forums for a little while now and decided to make an account and post.
    The only thing that scares me is paying 17k for a car with 85,000. However it looks clean and well taken care of.

He agreed to 17500 before me even going to look at it because his asking price was a little out of reach for me. Would you scoop this STI? Why or why not please.

Thanks

----------------

I have a 2006 Subaru WRX STI with 85k miles. Me and my fiancée bought the car about a year and a half ago. We have both an STI and an Evo, however we just found out we are expecting a baby and can not afford to keep both cars.

The car is completely stock, never modded. Before we decided to sell the car, we installed a new oem clutch & flywheel, brand new Bridgestone Potenza tires (not even 1000 miles on them), alignment and balancing done as well. Also, timing belt and water pump replaced with all OEM Subaru parts. All of this was all done at the same time. I have receipts to prove all the work performed. The car runs flawless.

We are looking to get $19,200 or best offer for the car. We are negotiable as well as interesting trades for a car ranging from $2000-$3000 worth in value plus cash on top on your end of course.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Things I really like about it:
    • I have receipts to prove all the work performed.
    • timing belt and water pump replaced with all OEM Subaru parts
    • brand new Bridgestone Potenza tires (not even 1000 miles on them), alignment and balancing done as well
    • new oem clutch & flywheel
    • The car is completely stock, never modded --try and verify the second part

Looks like one I would go after, although, I would check NADA on the price they're asking. 20k is almost new car territory. Bring a mechanic along or take it to a shop and if it checks out it would be a great find. Also, is the title clean?

make a visit, and take it to a mechanic you trust, from what I've seen these cars have really good resale value ... so you could have a gem on your hands.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I Support ClubWRX
    If they can't afford two cars why are they interested in a trade?

I am quite fanatic about maintenance, keeping not only dated receipts for authentic parts but also the parts themselves (I have oil filters from my Subaru from 2002 in my garage). However, not even I would do a timing belt at 85K miles. I waited until past the 105K mile required interval. Unless the Sti interval is different, the belt was done early.

The clutch would be unnecessary at that age under normal driving.

The car is either very possibly a gem, or it does not exist. If you get an email about being out of state and it will be shipped to you, you'll know. Otherwise by all means go look at it and take it to a mechanic.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

I am quite fanatic about maintenance, keeping not only dated receipts for authentic parts but also the parts themselves (I have oil filters from my Subaru from 2002 in my garage). However, not even I would do a timing belt at 85K miles. I waited until past the 105K mile required interval. Unless the Sti interval is different, the belt was done early.

The car is either very possibly a gem, or it does not exist. If you get an email about being out of state and it will be shipped to you, you'll know. Otherwise by all means go look at it and take it to a mechanic.
    Valid points. OP needs to see the vehicle in person, and have a mechanic do the up and down. Respectfully disagree on early belt maintenance. I do my all my belts earlier, always have, anal. Agree on the clutch that is not normal.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

agreed 100%. every used car you purchase you will always take some sort of gamble. this is a fair price and not to mention, CLEAN (atleast in pictures)! even the interior looks as clean as my 14 does. if your mechanic says it looks good i would go for it in a heart beat
    2012 wrx 5 door stage 3 + (traded in)
    2014 sti 4 door 297whp/329wtq stage 2 innovative tuned