Why is this WRX listed way above blue book?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Why is this WRX listed way above blue book? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Am I missing something? I am having a frustrating time finding a stock, low mileage, clean, paperwork, one-two owner wrx! ...

Am I missing something? I am having a frustrating time finding a stock, low mileage, clean, paperwork, one-two owner wrx! This one is completely stock which is a start. Is it a no brainer to get a compression test done before buying?

Fwd: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon - $8500
    2002 Subaru WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hats009 View Post
    There is no law stating prices must be set based on any book.

Am I missing something?
    Yes. He can ask as much as he wants. That's up to him. What's up to you is whether you will pay it.

I am having a frustrating time finding a stock, low mileage, clean, paperwork, one-two owner wrx!
    I believe it. Many cars are trashed or have no service records. Be patient, they make more Subarus every day, it's a mass produced Japanese car.

This one is completely stock
    It is not stock.

Is it a no brainer to get a compression test done before buying?
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Because the bluebook for GD WRX's and STi's is about $3,000 too low on average. To give you an idea, I was in an accident on Nov 8th. Kelly Blue book value of my 2006 TR was $12,998 in Excellent condition. NADA Guides was $13,200. Geico appraised mine at $15,700. A local dealer was selling one for $17,000. Salvage title ones on craigslist were going for $13,500.

To further blow your mind, the Local Subaru dealer had a 2006 and 2007 Sti on the lot used asking $29,000 each.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    To further blow your mind, the Local Subaru dealer had a 2006 and 2007 Sti on the lot used asking $29,000 each.
    Wow that's high.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

What do you see is not stock other than the crappy tint?

I Support ClubWRX
    If there is tint on the tail lamps, nothing.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's actually hard to tell based on the photos that are posted. I would like to see a photo of the engine bay and the muffler if I was you.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    It's actually hard to tell based on the photos that are posted. I would like to see a photo of the engine bay and the muffler if I was you.
    Just took a look at it and the muffler is really rusted. All of the fluids looked really clean. When I started it up, I heard a squealing noise like a belt rubbing? He has tons of paperwork for the past work including gasket though. Also, 3rd gear was grinding I think. I hate that spray tint too..... ugh. Gonna wait for more I guess.

I Support ClubWRX
    Also, 3rd gear was grinding I think.
    In a 2002? Run away.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I ran into the same thing when shopping around for a '02-'05 wrx wagon in CA (shopped for about 3 months). KBB was woefully under, at least according to the asking prices and ultimately negotiated prices I came to.

Occasionally there's one near KBB (considering condition and mileage), however those would be snatched up pretty quickly. One pretty obnoxious Subaru dealership was asking 16k at one point for an '04 wagon with 112,000 miles on it! I think it's been sitting since June...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Because you can't get a late 90's 2.5rs in that condition for that money?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.