A Good Deal?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on A Good Deal? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Okay the vehicle I am looking to buy is a 2012 WRX. He's selling it for ,500 with 17k miles ...

Question A Good Deal?

Okay the vehicle I am looking to buy is a 2012 WRX. He's selling it for $15,500 with 17k miles on it. It is, however a salvage title.

I just want your opinions if you think that it is worth it. I spoke to the seller and he said it had frontal damage with the headlight, bumper, and fenders being replaced. He also says the frame was straight and there was no engine damage upon the impact.

Now here is where I'm a little nervous. I asked him for pictures and he "FORGOT" to save them on his computer when the accident happened. He also said that he has no service records available of the collision because everything was done in a friends body shop where he got a discounted price from his buddy. The car was never modified at all and is completely stock?

I know that salvage titles are a great risk when buying, but if what he said about the accident is true then I believe that this could be a great bargain deal. If he only had proof of service records and previous pictures, I wouldn't be that hesitant to buy it

Anyways thank you guys for any help in advance! I currently drive a 2012 Mitsu Ralliart so I guess I'm switching over from the dark side if this seems like a great deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I stopped reading after "salvage title"

I honestly would never touch anything without a clean title unless I was buying it to gut out and build as a racecar or something

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Salvage title meaning that the cost of repair to fix the damages was at least half the value of the car. That's a lot of damage. It's common sense to avoid this car. But hey do whatever makes u happy

Walk away.. This has bad news written all over it.

I Support ClubWRX

You don't want that car.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

My car is a salvage, and I am very happy with it. However, I know what happened because I damaged it and repaired it with my own hands.

That being said, one does not simply forget to upload pictures of an accident. He either has them or does not.

If you want a project car, and have another vehicle which provides reliable transportation, this may be a good purchase (if you can get the price lower by $5k or so). Asking for that might just be good enough to offend the seller as much as you should be offended by his sales pitch of "minor damage, but i don't have pictures or proof"
    David - '05 WRX

Walk away. If you have the 15k I suggest you put that as a down payment on a 2014.

So, what did he say happened to it? Or did he forget the details to that as well?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

walk away

Sounds suspect. However, if you can talk him down like 5k-10k could be interesting ......
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Run Forrest, RUN!!!!!!

But no seriously man, anything that has a "salvage" or "rebuilt" title is usually bad news!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.