2014 Stock WRX handling.. need opinions

This is a discussion on 2014 Stock WRX handling.. need opinions within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi all.. For anyone with a 2011+ WRX, can you please give me some impressions on how it handles stock? ...

2014 Stock WRX handling.. need opinions

Hi all..
    For anyone with a 2011+ WRX, can you please give me some impressions on how it handles stock? There are none near me on the lots to test drive. I test drove a 2011 STI a few years ago and I really liked it. However.. I don't need the brembos or the trick diffs.. and I especially don't need the price. Am I going to be disappointed in the WRX handling?

I'm in a 2012 Mustang GT right now. The engine and transmission are the **** (yeah I said it.. I think the MT82 is great). However.. it handles like an ox cart. I'm looking for tossibility and lack of body roll.

What say you?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by speedyblue View Post
    Hi all..
    For anyone with a 2011+ WRX, can you please give me some impressions on how it handles stock? There are none near me on the lots to test drive. I test drove a 2011 STI a few years ago and I really liked it. However.. I don't need the brembos or the trick diffs.. and I especially don't need the price. Am I going to be disappointed in the WRX handling?

I'm in a 2012 Mustang GT right now. The engine and transmission are the **** (yeah I said it.. I think the MT82 is great). However.. it handles like an ox cart. I'm looking for tossibility and lack of body roll.

What say you?
    Thanks
    I just switched from an 05 mustang gt to a 14 wrx hatch. I haven't really taken it through corners yet but is already much better than the mustang. Can't give great input on body roll and tossibility, at least not until after break in. It will definitely be an improvement though.

My12 WRX stock springs were kinda soft and there was a good amount of body roll but still handled fairly well all you need are sway bars to cut down on the body roll if you aren't looking to spend a lot of money.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    My12 WRX stock springs were kinda soft and there was a good amount of body roll but still handled fairly well all you need are sway bars to cut down on the body roll if you aren't looking to spend a lot of money.
    This is similar to how I felt. I went from a 1985 Nissan truck so obviously the WRX was a bit of a handling upgrade... There was still some body roll that I reduced a lot with upgraded sway bars. Like Ampliified said, it's a cheap mod that makes a big difference.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I have a 2011 wrx and I think the sway and endlink combo is my favorite mod so far car really hugs the road now.
    2011 Wrx DGM TP Stage 3
    Stink-eye mob #3737

In stock form you should see lots of understeer and plenty of body roll...a set of Koni yellows and a big front sway bar will be a huge improvement...