Looking to upgrade from WRX Bugeye to STI Blobeye, need advice.

This is a discussion on Looking to upgrade from WRX Bugeye to STI Blobeye, need advice. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys! I own a 2000 WRX bugeye which im pretty happy with, however I've decided to upgrade to the ...

Looking to upgrade from WRX Bugeye to STI Blobeye, need advice.

Hey guys!

I own a 2000 WRX bugeye which im pretty happy with, however I've decided to upgrade to the STI. I've found a car that looks quite promising here -> Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2003 | Trade Me

Is there anything specifically that I should look out for when I take it for a test drive? I've heard about transmission problems during those model years, and I was wondering how to tell if its the upgraded transmission?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That car is quite modified and most likely quite abused. I would stay away from it. Probably will just be a headache.

How can you tell? He said its only had a turbo timer and cold air intake done.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrixmatt View Post
    It's got a full gauge pod, most likely boost, AFR, and oil temp (or some other third gauge). If it is an AFR then it most likely has full turbo back exhaust (it certainly has an aftermarket exhaust). Aftermarket wheels. Strut tower brace. Like you said cold air intake...TURBO timer

Car is definitely lowered by some method too. Just a few things I've noticed with a with glance. I'm sure there is more I don't see.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrixmatt View Post
    most people that own subarus and dont do their research will throw on a turbo timer and an intake.

as 11black said, i'd walk away

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.