Really needing some advice, Knowing what you know now, What would you do

This is a discussion on Really needing some advice, Knowing what you know now, What would you do within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I just found out today that the 2009 WRX that I bought two months ago is in fact a 2008 ...

Lightbulb Really needing some advice, Knowing what you know now, What would you do

I just found out today that the 2009 WRX that I bought two months ago is in fact a 2008 wrx. Yes the vin says 2009 but after two very stressful days of trying to get to the bottom of my question, all started by a brand new COBB AP, I now know for sure my car only has 225 HP. It has the smaller turbo on a 2.5 l motor. I paid 19,900 for my car, Plus 3500 for the aftermarket warranty till it hits 200,000 km to time limit, Then taxes. I live in canada, so prices are a bit different. I overpaid for what is now a 2008 WRX. So I am very confused at to what i should/could do. The bottom line Is I am not happy with the amount of power I have for the money I paid. So to increase the power, I will have to void my Warranty. So If I am not going to have a warranty then why dont I sell my car and buy something older that has been modified and had lots of its parts changed out and has the power I am after, Example

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ532566949

I could sell my ride for 17000. I hope. Buy this car. Still have 10000 to fix anything wrong with it. And still have money left over to act as a warranty in case something does break. I really only bought something newer as I wanted the warranty. but have covered that already

2004 subaru STI - Mississauga / Peel Region Cars For Sale - Kijiji Mississauga / Peel Region Canada.

Or this fine example. I could buy this. I might lose a grand or two trying to get this one. But I wont have to worry about upgrading or fixing this car.
    Since I am very new to suburus this is why I am asking for some advice. i live in a town were we will have alot of snow for the next four to five months. So AWD is a must. I want something safe and fun to drive. If anyone has some advice for me please chime in. As I said to get more power out of my car I will need a DP and maybe a new turbo, injectors etc...and with that I prolly wont break 300HP. And because I am getting close to 100,000 kms ŗ(2 78,000 now) there is the timing belt to worry about coming up, clutch, ball joint, tie rods, I could go on about what things I need to watch out for coming up. i really didnt get a WRX so i could spend alot of time tuning and fixing it. I am 38 years old and dont have the time for that as I have three kids to spend my time with. I just want a fast sporty and safe ride to rip around in when i fell like it. Please only reply if you have something valid to say. I dont need to hear ,
    just be happy with what I have!!
    Or
    get a DP and call it a day!!
    etc...
    Thanks in advance to all valid advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Was this car advertised as having the 265hp you are looking for? If so I would think it'd be "easy" to force the dealer to refund you everything you paid (warranty and all), due to false advertising. I'm no lawyer and not in Canada, but that's the first thing that comes to mind for me.
    2014 WR Blue Pearl WRX Limited Sedan

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Yeah, I wouldn't try to buy another car. Especially going back in that many years and them being modified and you have a newer car with a warranty and you know the maint. history etc. Keep the car for now. It makes so much more sense.

First I'd make sure you didn't miss something on your end when you bought the car. If not, then find out what you can do legally to either refund your money or find a resolution if you were in fact cheated or falsely advertised to.

I Support ClubWRX
    The car you bought is no faster or slower than the day you bought it. I'd keep it. If you have a legal case, and want to do so, pursue that. If you don't have a legal case, enjoy the car.

When shopping keep in mind that Subaru is better at building Subarus than any of those sellers, than me... or than you.

Less mods may in fact make a car better. Just food for thought.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^Absolutely this.

You worded that so much better than me!! arghh!

Dude, as I said in your last thread, all you need for comparable power is to slap on a VF52 OR throw a downpipe on the current turbo and go Stage 2. Proper tune, and you're not spending more than $600-$700 max.

I'd keep the car you have. No reason to go into financial insecurity trying to find something you wanted. You would have been perfectly happy with the power and how it drove if you didn't know that it was supposed to have more. You even said that your current car feels a bit quicker than the legit 2009 you did drive.

The only other thing I would do is what 360glitch above said: speak with the dealer and discuss some options with them, otherwise you're going to have words with a lawyer for false advertising or whatever similar Canadian laws you have.

Bottom line is, you're all over the place. I don't think you know what you want...you didn't want to tinker or worry, yet you got the car originally, and the AP for it. You knew you were going to have to do the same maintenance when you bought it. Yet you are now looking into two cars that have extensive modifications on them, with higher mileage than you have now, but you don't want to worry about fixing anything?...Why do you have to worry about the clutch, tie rods, ball joints, etc. on the current car? If they aren't broken, don't fix them. Plus, you don't have to change timing belts until 105,000 miles which wouldn't be until 168,980KM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying