$7,000 a good deal for this WRX?

This is a discussion on ,000 a good deal for this WRX? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys, I recently was browsing ads here on the local site and found this listing: Subaru Impreza | ksl.com ...

$7,000 a good deal for this WRX?

Hey guys,

I recently was browsing ads here on the local site and found this listing:

Subaru Impreza | ksl.com

He is asking 7800 but said he would take 7000 for it. Not alot of pics, but he says the car is pretty much stock. Looks like factory exhaust, so thats a good sign. He claims he bought it around February and said the previous owner did all major maintenance, including timing belt and all that good stuff. I'm not sure he has the paperwork from the services done.

Anyway, seems pretty legit I think. The car looks nice enough. Honestly I think grey is the worst color for these cars, but its not bad looking really.

There is also this one that I could probably talk down.

Subaru Impreza | ksl.com

They rebuilt both the engine and transmission, supposedly had it done by professionals. They say they've put over 19k into the car. If they needed all of this stuff rebuilt, this is probably indicative of the car being raced around alot. But if I can talk them down it might be nice to buy a car with major components already rebuilt rather than buy a cheaper car that will need an engine rebuild in 10k miles or so.

There was also this ad from a stealership:

Subaru Impreza | ksl.com

Black is great, but the price seemed a bit high. Also aftermarket exhaust and shiftknob means the car has been modded who knows how much. Looks nice tho, and its not a bugeye.

Anyway, those are the three I am kinda looking at right now. The first is the one I am most seriously considering and going to check out tomorrow. Let me know if you think the car is worth it. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Regardless of your choice. Have them checked out by a qualified mechanic. No. 2 has a "quote" relatively new engine, and transmission, in comparison to the others. But who knows how the car was actually treated. Look for maintenance documentation on all of them. Plus meet the people selling them, you can often tell a lot. Good Luck.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker