Hopefully A Brand New WRX Owner ( With Your Help! )
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hopefully A Brand New WRX Owner ( With Your Help! ) within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi just made account today. So I fell for Subaru recently and couldn't afford a brand new one, so I've ...

Hi just made account today. So I fell for Subaru recently and couldn't afford a brand new one, so I've been looking online and came across a 08 WRX Premium 47k Miles $17000.

Went to look at the car my first concern why are you selling the vehicle and why lower then private party I asked. Only 1 can ask this questions in my head. He showed me his other "Toys" Dodge Viper Fully tuned to the teeth, Cleanest Viper I seen, then a Trailblazer SS with Turbo and a water cooling System. Not to much from what I seen. Both of the cars in his garage, were his pride and joy, and the Subaru and his DD out on the drive way. The Subaru was under its own tarp. No dents cleanest Subaru on the market i have seen beside brand new. One thing about the Subaru was after market Intake and exhaust, he also claimed to have had it tuned at the Viper shop where he gets all his cars worked on. He has proof of the work. My question is, should I be a brand new owner of a WRX, or am I just madly in love with them and want it!!! Please Help me make a deciding point.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nobody has responded? Does that mean bad news? Lol anyone have anything?

I Support ClubWRX
    There's a lot of text about a Chrysler I didn't quite follow.

See
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

How much more money is a new one in your area?

I don't buy modified cars but that's just me.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    There's a lot of text about a Chrysler I didn't quite follow.

See
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

How much more money is a new one in your area?

I don't buy modified cars but that's just me.
    Chrysler?

New Subaru cost 27000 out here in California, I just mention his other cars cause they were maintained very well.

Why do you not buy modified? If I may ask?

I am not sure that 08 is a great year - a friend of mine got an unmodified 09 over a year ago for 17,000 - but prices obvious vary geographically

Was 08 not a good year. I'm new to Subaru spare me the regret of getting it. If its something you wouldn't get cause of a issue. He has full maintenence records for the car. Overall engine bay is clean and very well maintained, overall paint and body are flawless. Run like a bat out of hell. I physical cant see anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by iDeeJayTre View Post
    Was 08 not a good year. I'm new to Subaru spare me the regret of getting it. If its something you wouldn't get cause of a issue. He has full maintenence records for the car. Overall engine bay is clean and very well maintained, overall paint and body are flawless. Run like a bat out of hell. I physical cant see anything wrong.
    2008 is less powerful than the 2009 and apparently the 'softest' of all years - probably drives great because it is modded - I would read the link above - maybe it is a good buy - but I would look for an unmodded 09 - should be in the same price range and depending on in service date and miles you may still get a year or so factory drivetrain warranty

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by iDeeJayTre View Post
    Chrysler?

New Subaru cost 27000 out here in California, I just mention his other cars cause they were maintained very well.

Why do you not buy modified? If I may ask?
    I don't buy modified because "modified" and "aftermarket" are generally euphemisms for imitation parts. Subaru are best at building Subarus. I therefore look for authentic parts, full service history, etc., see link. Just IMO.

08 was before the revised suspension and increased power. 09 had both but also had motor failures. Search here extensively, it's money.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I don't buy modified because "modified" and "aftermarket" are generally euphemisms for imitation parts. Subaru are best at building Subarus. I therefore look for authentic parts, full service history, etc., see link. Just IMO.

08 was before the revised suspension and increased power. 09 had both but also had motor failures. Search here extensively, it's money.
    Now going forward I will definitely do more research, can we go back on whats already been done. Unmoding the car, when I get it. Its only been a few thousand miles with the new mods these are fairly new.
    Thanks for the response

I Support ClubWRX
    You're in CA? Is the car street legal? Does it have a smog certificate?

Its completely legal. Pass smog right now. Overall just 2 main modified parts intake and exhaust system, with a tune up for both parts.
    Last edited by iDeeJayTre; 11-09-2013 at 06:30 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok so in theory you could buy and register it. Go down the list in the link, have a shop look it over, look at the service receipts, and then decide.

Ok so in theory you could buy and register it. Go down the list in the link, have a shop look it over, look at the service receipts, and then decide.
    So i should be looking at making it stock again. Correct? Most logically thing to do. It made sense Subaru makes the best Subaru. Sold me to keep it stock its entire life.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you buy it keep it as is, don't revert unless you have to. The mods are mellow enough to be OK if done right.

If you buy it keep it as is, don't revert unless you have to. The mods are mellow enough to be OK if done right.
    They were both professionally installed by a "Viper Shop" and tuned ( He gets all his work here, cause this is where he take his Main car to) . All receipts seen legit. I just wanna make sure im not looking at problems in 3-4 years from this( I know any car can break from brand new off the dealership or used car lot, I just wanna make sure this isn't going to affect it dramatically) . I'm getting a loan to pay this car (I got approved for). I love the 2014 but cant get a loan for it, that's the one I drove and fell in love with Subaru. First time Ive been in a Subaru. This 08 felt like the 2014 and looks nice and is something I can afford.

Again thanks for the info. Your helping me make a decision.

Thanks for the Info in your Sig I have been doing alot of research and asking around trying to make a good decision before i buy it.
    Last edited by iDeeJayTre; 11-09-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Type-o

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.