No More Orders for MY2014?

This is a discussion on No More Orders for MY2014? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; We just tried to order a 2014 5 door WRX Premium over the weekend, put down a deposit, and heard ...

No More Orders for MY2014?

We just tried to order a 2014 5 door WRX Premium over the weekend, put down a deposit, and heard from dealership today they can no longer take orders for MY2014. I have been reading on this and other forums and it seems the majority of people are saying the same thing. Are the only cars that are available at dealerships now basically ones that were ordered and delivery was not accepted so they went back into dealer inventory? The dealership said if we wanted to order one we could order in January for 2015 model year, but no hatchback as expected

Assuming they are taking orders in January when would those orders be filled for MY2015?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd say orders for 2015 will start being delivered around July like most other years. But you never can tell,especially with a new model.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Dealer orders for 2014 WRXs were shut off September 30th. There are available hatches in the pipeline to some dealers and some on the ground if you check around. The dealers around here were not dealing on those, in fact adding costs above MSRP due to the shortage of cars.

I called dealers in 5 surrounding states before finding the car I wanted two weeks ago. The Phoenix area is where I found a number of available hatches and leased from Autonation in Scottsdale. Without even asking they knocked $1,800 off MSRP and beat the special lease offer from Subaru. That more than covered the $130 flight and gas to get it home and I got a fun drive in great weather to boot. Most of it on two lane roads with spectacular scenery.
    2014 Crazy Cart
    2014 WRX 5 door base model
    2013 5/8ths scale Lotus 7 http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/sc...brary/Baby%207
    2011 Ram 1500
    2004 Caterham 7 SV http://www.britishv8.org/Other/SkipCannon.htm
    1992 Mazda Miata

I inquired at another dealer using the Costco car buying program since I am a Costco member and he sent me pricing on everything he has in stock or can get nearby. Looks like everything he is offering is about 2000-2500 under MSRP for a WRX in various colors and trims. I thought that sounded like a pretty fair deal?

Quote Originally Posted by cloudguy View Post
    We just tried to order a 2014 5 door WRX Premium over the weekend, put down a deposit, and heard from dealership today they can no longer take orders for MY2014. I have been reading on this and other forums and it seems the majority of people are saying the same thing. Are the only cars that are available at dealerships now basically ones that were ordered and delivery was not accepted so they went back into dealer inventory? The dealership said if we wanted to order one we could order in January for 2015 model year, but no hatchback as expected

Assuming they are taking orders in January when would those orders be filled for MY2015?
    Contact Clayton at Ramsey Subaru nj. He does out of state orders

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk